Can BFS/BCFS be used to return mobility to paralysis victims

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can BFS/BCFS be used to return mobility to paralysis victims

Postby zekebcfs on June 4th, 2008, 10:40 am

Posted from another thread
Can BFS/BCFS be used to return mobility to paralysis victims even for a small time window? Are there any doctor out there that can use our illness and turn it into a positive because every down has an up? I could only imagine what someone with paralysis from the neck down would feel like if even for a brief period of time I was able to walk or feel for the first time in many years under those circumstances. I have complained about BFS/BCFS but I know there are people out there that would wish to have our problem faced with what they have to deal with. It's an opening in the door to spur research into how our 'anti-bodies' produce movement. Maybe it could spur antiparalysis medication. Think about it!
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Re: Can BFS/BCFS be used to return mobility to paralysis victims

Postby zekebcfs on June 4th, 2008, 2:15 pm

I can see everybody is consumed with complaining. Let me set the record straight for you fools worried about death coming from ALS. It is not likely! In the US you will die from 82.3% will die from Cardiovascular Disease (stroke, heart attack) 50%, Cancers 30%, Infections or Adult-onset diabetes. So now be positive and give me some feedback on my suggestion.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death PER YEAR!
Heart disease: 652,091
Cancer: 559,312
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 143,579
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 130,933
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 117,809
Diabetes: 75,119
Alzheimer's disease: 71,599
Influenza/Pneumonia: 63,001
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 43,901
Septicemia: 34,136
Source-CDC

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr56/nvsr56_10.pdf
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Capital H on November 5th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Once upon a time there was a philosopher (this is a true story) who predicted the date of his own death. When that date came and he was still healthy he promptly took his own life, thus ensuring the prediction was correct.

Do not be like that philosopher.
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics