wow 2 years

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

wow 2 years

Postby Brian_B on October 4th, 2003, 1:30 am

I just realized next month will be 2 years since I started twitching. You would think after 2 years I could get rid of these ALS fears but I do still get them sometime. But time is on our side heh? for all you new twitchers have faith, its been 2 years for me and other than being annoying sometimes its not that bad.

we may twitch the rest of our lives but dont let it bother you. Get a job you like, have kids, get married and dont focus on the twitcheswow
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on October 4th, 2003, 3:07 am

Get a job you like, have kids, get married

A fan of the shotgun, are we? :lol:

Just teasing is all...

It's been three years (nearly to the day) since I started twitching heavily and almost four since I had my first hot-spot in my pinky. Little has changed other than that my hair is longer and my belly is bigger :/
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on October 4th, 2003, 7:31 am

Too funny Al....
Rock on Brian, my Midwestern friend.

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby SusanSid on October 20th, 2003, 1:21 am

Hey Brian,
Congrats! I'll have 2 years in December. I have periods where I don't even worry or notice the twitches and times I'm pretty consumed (luckily those times are few). I figure if I had ALS, I'd have other symptoms by now (yes, I've seen doctors too).
The worst part about this "condition" is the fear. I read a quote by an elderly man who said 90% for the things he worried about never happened. Now, if that isn't the truth. I wish I had lived more and worried less these past 2 years. I'm working on it!
I've been away from this board for awhile, due to school (I'm swamped with homework), but only a bit further to go (if I live, huh!)
I hope for those who are new, find confort in this website. For the "oldies", we still need one another from time to time, don't we? :wink:
Will try and be more active on this board if time allows
Sue :-)
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on October 20th, 2003, 7:16 pm

Susan, that is sooooo true. My mother has always said the same thing, and I quote my wise mother"Its the things we worry and obsess about that NEVER seem to happen, yet we sit around and waste our time on those crazy things. It's the things we dont worry about that wind up happening and there is nothing we can do about them either, so live your life and be happy!" How true that is...Live on my friends and be happy!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics