Weird tongue feeling

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Weird tongue feeling

Postby fabfab on May 29th, 2008, 11:34 am

Hi there,

Well, it seems that the old fear is coming back again. Started twitching 4 years ago - and came to this marvellous site a few months after.
I thouhgt this was old story, I thouhgt that I could cope with the fear, but now I have this weird feeling in my mouth, like my tongue is weak, like it's vibrating, atrophying, tingling - you name it, I have it, especially on the right side.
I have this peculiar perceived weakness feeling, like I won't be able to speak properly in 2 or 3 weeks if things go on like that. My jaws are hurting too sometimes.

Can anyone relate or say a few words about that ?
I am 35.
And, oh - I'm french, too, so excuse my bad english.
:roll:
Fabrice
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. " Woody Allen
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Weird tongue feeling

Postby Frederick on May 29th, 2008, 12:25 pm

I got the same feeling at his moment, weird tongue things...6 months into twitching...
Frederick
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby fabfab on May 29th, 2008, 1:18 pm

... and things seem to get worse in the evening. I read somewhere that als is a question of weakness, not of feelings, and as long as you have tinglings, itchy, painful, burning feelings, etc,. you're fine. Is this true ? Could all this stuff be stress related ?
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. " Woody Allen
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby radomyss on May 29th, 2008, 2:55 pm

This is from Anxiety web page:

Anxiety symptoms: Tongue symptoms - Tingly tongue, stretched tongue, numb tongue, frozen tongue, itchy tongue, crawly tongue, burning tongue, twitching tongue, tongue soreness, jumpy tongue, aching tongue, or swollen tongue (when it isn’t).
Your tongue may feel unusually tingly, “stretched,” numb, frozen, sore, itchy, “crawly,” burning, twitching, “jumpy,” aching, or swollen tongue (when it isn’t).
This symptom (one or many) may come and go briefly, or may persist indefinitely. It may also be the same type of sensation over and over again, or it may change from one sensation to another.

It can come and go for no apparent reason, as well as persist for no apparent reason or cause.

It doesn’t appear to be related to the foods you eat or the activity you undertake.

NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The members area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptoms associated with the tongue.
radomyss

Postby Bart1 on May 29th, 2008, 3:14 pm

yeps could be stress related, I got weird feelings all the time (incl tongue at this moment)
For me also the tongue is the thing I'm most scared of but wouldn't be very logical : twitching all over body (24/7 legs) and than get bulbar ***, isn't right. So try not to think about it, the harder you put your mind on it the harder you wil feel it

regards
bart
Fasciculating from 20/10/07
Bart1
Hero
Hero

Postby haukurkr on May 29th, 2008, 6:08 pm

I'm obsessing over my tongue these days also, I don't think its twitching though.
BUT when I stick my tongue half out it quivers quite allot and if stick it completely out it quivers a little less, but it quivers..

It's kind of freaking me out :(

I've read that if you can move your tongue fast side to side and if you stick your tongue out and it does not curve to the other side, then it equals no weakness??.

Is there a truth in that?

My tongue does not quiver when it is resting on the floor of the mouth, and I can move it quite fast. Sooo I hope that's good :?
24 y/o male.
haukurkr

Postby fabfab on May 30th, 2008, 12:21 pm

Now my lips are, like, buzzing. Strange feeling indeed. I always feel my tongue is weak, or numb - and I just talked in front of 150 children for 2 hours, fearing the moment when I couldn't talk properly anymore. But the moment didn't come. Talking can be hard and tiresome after a while, don't you think ?
I try to find reassurance in the fact that my symptoms change continually, and that I have buzzing, or pricking and tigling feelings, which are not typical of als, are they ?
And I've got mild twitching all over my body in the same time, so go figure...
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics