Update On Me

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Update On Me

Postby GuitarGuyBMG on May 9th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I was given the diagnosis of BFS on February 22nd. A few months later everything is going alright. I just got out of school for the semester. It wasn't a very good one, but considering I was freaking out about ALS the first half of the semester, I can live with it. I had my 20th birthday three days ago on the 6th. Three weeks ago I started a pretty intense weightlifting routine doing Chest/Triceps Monday, Legs Tuesday, Back/Biceps Thursday, and Shoulders on Friday. I have put on about 10 pounds of muscle since starting this along with creatine and whey protein. All my lifts have gone up atleast 10 pounds which I see as a positive sign, although most of those are newbie gains from muscle memory.

As far as twitching is concerned, it had subsided for a few weeks but reared it's ugly head again. The inside of my knees are the most troublesome spot, followed by my thenar as usual. However, I think there is a great correlation to caffine and my twitching - the twitching started after I had some Dr. Pepper and an energy drink. I'm going to try and stay away from caffine as much as possible. Tomorrow I am leaving for the beach and hopefully some R&R will make the twitches subside.

I can't say that the thoughts of ALS have completely left my mind, but each day that I work out and progress strength wise my mind moves more and more away from it. Plus, while working out it's easier to attribute the twitching to that as opposed to some other condition. I hope everyone here is doing well.
Brian Gilstrap. Established May 6th, 1988.
Twitching since January 27th, 2007.
GuitarGuyBMG
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Update On Me

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics