dad having bypass surgery

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

dad having bypass surgery

Postby Brian_B on September 23rd, 2003, 12:57 am

the surgeon said he has never seen anyone with the big artery that much blocked that didnt just fall over dead

what I have looked up the hospital in Springfield IL where he is, is one of the top 10 centers for heart surgery in the country

the surgeon went to Duke Medical School, was a surgeon at Barnes in St louis which is ranked as the 8th best hospital in the country. He taught at Washington University Medical School in St Louis at Barnes too and it is ranked the 2nd best medical school in the country and Duke is 3rd

so guess he got lucky and got top notch surgeon
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on September 23rd, 2003, 1:42 am

Wow Brian,

Your dad is really lucky he caught that in time! I'm sure he'll pull through just fine....modern medicine is incredible. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby fastpage on September 23rd, 2003, 9:09 am

My father went through much the same thing about 5 years ago and is doing well at 83. I'm sure your father will do well also. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck. --Graig
fastpage

hi there

Postby Renae on September 23rd, 2003, 9:47 am

Hi Brian-

I'll keep your father in my thoughts & prayers. I'm sure he'll do fine. My father had the same thing a few years ago and is doing just fine. And my father was also like yours in that he didn't say anything and we had to force him to the hospital...they did the bypass like 2 days later. He was lucky he didn't drop dead. Also, like Jen said, It's amazing what modern medicine can do. Though its a major procedure, it's something they do so often now and with a lot of success.

Take care!
Renae :)
Renae

hi there

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics