Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby stillanxious on October 29th, 2007, 1:03 pm

thanks, i'll try it, and let you know!
stillanxious

Postby Nic on October 29th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Acid = Sour (PH = 1...7)

Alkaline = "soapy" (PH = 7...15)

[German standard, maybe different in USA]

"Every area" in the body has its own PH-Value. There's a mix of aggressive acids in your stomac => PH = 1. Vinegar has about PH=5.

Your blood has ~7.4, pancreas juice ~8.5 and the saliva between 6.4 and 7.3 etc..

If you drink ACID "the body" might start to counter this by becoming more ALCALIC.

Things like "drink orange juice and avoid anything acid" make no sense because orance juice is very acid (citron acid, vitamine C = ascorbic acid etc...).

If it works with apple vinegar then it is not only its acidity! It might be a combination of other components in it. I'll give it a try, too ;)

Have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH
Nic

Postby nickc on October 30th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Here is an additional link (for what it is worth):

http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm
onset: June 2007;; top complaints: pain/cramps in feet+hands, others;; Trileptal and Cymbalta
nickc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dtmguy on October 30th, 2007, 2:58 pm

It seems strange, but due to metabolic processes in the body, often drinking an acidic substance causes the body to become more alkaline. I faced this when one of my boys had to drink citric acid in order to raise his pH.

-Dave
dtmguy
Hero
Hero

Postby paulhp on October 30th, 2007, 6:07 pm

getting some tomorrow
paulhp

Postby paulhp on November 2nd, 2007, 9:04 am

its quite tasty
paulhp

Postby twitchmebaby on November 2nd, 2007, 9:06 am

been on it all week, nothing yet, but from what i have read at the minimum at least i am gettting some good nutirtion from it
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby paulhp on November 2nd, 2007, 10:44 am

can we still put vinegar on our fish and chips ?
paulhp

Postby Jennhaz on November 2nd, 2007, 10:53 am

If you are going to drink apple cider vinegar then make sure it is not from a grocery store, if it is it will do nothing for you..You need to get the raw apple cider vinegar at the natural food store. I have been researching apple cider and I have taken some myself, although I was not taking it for my BFS but was taking it for my vascular rosacea. Rosacea they think is caused by to much acid in the gout, that is why rosaceans do better on an alkaline diet. IT is acid but once in stomach it turns alkaline just like lemons do. The best vinegar to get is called Bragg raw-unflilterd apple cider vinegar, it contains no preservatives. You can tell the difference between pure vinegar by looking at the bottom of the bottle and you will see brown clumps. Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby paulhp on November 2nd, 2007, 11:42 am

now you tell me :roll:
paulhp

Postby twitchmebaby on November 2nd, 2007, 12:47 pm

Yes I got the Bragg at Whole Foods.
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Re: Some success

Postby johnny999 on May 23rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

It is my opinion that twitching is a result of having a body PH level of less than 7 (neutral) from increased stress and poor diet. The apple cider vinegar helps to make your body more alkaline. I read somewhere that no disease can survive if your body is in the alkaline state. It has also completely eliminated my acid reflux and has helped me sleep much more soundly.

hehe, Its very pleasing to read such a successful success story :P

this is a very old topic, but the only one I could find on alkaline diets. From what I've read, the mainstream folks don't believe the acid-alkaline diet thing, since PH is always controlled in a very narrow range by the body, which has many mechanisms/buffers to do so, one of which is supposedly by leaching.. CALCIUM ??

BUT, cortisol/stress and many other things increase overall acidity at all times, so there's probably some merit to eating a few alkalinizing' foods as opposed to drinking acid.

Has anyone else had some improvements from doing something like this?
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Some success

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management