Some success

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Some success

Postby jlindh on October 25th, 2007, 9:44 am

I am 40 years old and a 4+ year twitcher (calves, arms, fingers etc.) and want to express my thanks to those on this site as you got me through some very bad days over the past few years. It is always comforting to know that someone else is experiencing the same symptoms as myself.

I always thought that if something gave me some relief from the constant twitching that I would share it with everyone. I also have been fighting gout for the past 10 years and the medications that the Dr. prescribed were no longer working and I was getting attacks much more frequently.

I did some research on the internet about how to control gout and came across an article that recommended using apple cider vinegar. The dosage level is 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. of water/ three times per day.

Within a few days my gout was completely gone and has not returned even though I have not changed my diet and have even had some red wine. I have followed the same regiment for over 6 weeks and have noticed that my twitching has decreased substantially. I used to twitch in both calves non stop and I can now sit on the couch in the evening and not feel the crackling of my lower legs.

I still have some twitches, but they are about 80% better than they were at the end of the summer.

The vinegar tastes horrible but it is a small price to pay for no gout and much less twitching.

It is my opinion that twitching is a result of having a body PH level of less than 7 (neutral) from increased stress and poor diet. The apple cider vinegar helps to make your body more alkaline. I read somewhere that no disease can survive if your body is in the alkaline state. It has also completely eliminated my acid reflux and has helped me sleep much more soundly.

I hope that this can help.

Thank you all again.

John
jlindh

some succes

Postby Ron Gerritsen on October 25th, 2007, 12:38 pm

As a doctor I always tell my patients: It does not matter how it works, if it works (and it is not something damiging for you) go for it and try it. I myself am going to buy the apple cider vinegar tomorrow !
(When you really believe something works, it will work, especially with a disease like BFS wher ther is a mental connection)
Ron Gerritsen

Postby jlindh on October 25th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Please keep me updated on how it works for you.

At least you know that apple cider vinegar is never going to do more damage.
jlindh

Postby Pygasus on October 25th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story... seems like there are too few recoveries going on here. 80% sounds like heaven to me, now a 4-month sufferer. And I also like the theory of the low alkaline levels, makes some sense. QUESTION: Were you taking any meds in conjuction with the cider? Should we stop meds while trying the cider method? Does it matter? Anyone's thoughts?
Pygasus

Postby Lebowski on October 26th, 2007, 8:45 am

You know, this could be considered a breakthrough. I'll try it and see how it ends up.
Lebowski

Postby paulzeee on October 26th, 2007, 9:12 am

I was listening to one of those Anthony Robbins cd's the other night on a long drive and he spoke in great length about the electrical frequency of the body and about the body becoming too acidic and not conducting properly. Could be something to it.
paulzeee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jlindh on October 26th, 2007, 9:58 am

I am not on any other medications. I was taking some steroids and other NSAIDS for the gout and they were no longer working and I was getting attacks monthly and they never completely went away. I do feel that this has something to do with the body being too acidic as gout is a result of having too much uric acid in the body.

I have been trying to cut back on the coffee, ice tea and pop, but stress can also reduce the PH of your body.

Go to the drugstore and buy some PH strips to test your saliva and urine and you will know where you stand. My urine PH was about 5 before the apple cider vinegar and now it is around 6. I hope that it continues to improve.

Not many doctors will recommend using the apple cider vinegar as it is very cheap and will not make any money for the drug companies. It has worked on my gout better than anything I have ever used.

I hope that this can work for you - please keep taking it as the results are not immediate.
jlindh

Postby nickc on October 26th, 2007, 10:49 am

Remind me, is pomegranate juice also alkaline ? I can drink it pretty handily. Not sure, so sorry if I'm wrong.
onset: June 2007;; top complaints: pain/cramps in feet+hands, others;; Trileptal and Cymbalta
nickc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jlindh on October 26th, 2007, 12:50 pm

I am not sure if pomengranite juice is alkaline or not? I would guess not.

You can mix the vinegar with pretty much anything - people I know are mixing with orange juice to try and get it down as it does not taste very good.
jlindh

Postby twitchmebaby on October 26th, 2007, 1:40 pm

I asked my neuro point blank at the beginning if he we were basically going to throw various drugs at this and see what happens and he said yes, meaning there is no real answer.

So why not add a little apple cider vinegar into the mix, at least if it does not work I can make salad dressing out of the rest, try that with Neurotin or Trileptal.

I'll have the dinner salad with the Apple Cider Dijon Neurotin Vinegarette with baby Trilpetal arugala please. :lol:
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby stillanxious on October 26th, 2007, 3:50 pm

I am finding all of this very interesting, but I am a bit confused. I may be missing the glaringly obvious...
When all of this started for me, i went to see an iridologist on the recommendation of my friend. She's the one who looks into your eyes, and tells you what is going on in your body. I was in a lot of pain, twitching like crazy, and stressing out about what was going on. She looked at my eyes and said "my, you must be in a lot of pain, you are very acidic..." After a bit, she told me what i must do to get rid of all of the acid, and that included taking a lot of vitamin C, juicing carrots and oranges daily (which was a lot of work and more mess), and to avoid anything that has vinegar in it, or anything else acidic. I must say, that after a while, it did really reduce the pain and my twitching subsided a lot. That was over two years ago. But now it is coming back again - not as bad, but enough to up the anxiety levels, and i am considering drinking the vinegar straight up to get rid of all the twitches.
My question, would the apple cider vinegar be acidic and increase my acidity levels, or would it serve to reduce them? thanks
stillanxious

Postby paulhp on October 28th, 2007, 4:56 pm

can we mix this in with tea and coffee ? or do we take it neat
paulhp

Postby k9ck on October 28th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Apple cider, I always thought was acidic, not alkalinic.

Terri
k9ck
Hero
Hero

Postby stillanxious on October 28th, 2007, 7:13 pm

thanks, i thought so, too.
stillanxious

Postby jlindh on October 29th, 2007, 12:15 pm

It is acid, but when it burns is turns to ash. That is the key.

It has to be apple cider vinegar - not the white.
jlindh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management