Page 1 of 1

twitching in the head

PostPosted: August 14th, 2003, 6:08 am
by KERRI
I have experienced the strangest thing this morning, twitching at the top of my head and a tingling sensation up the right side.

Wow!! that is new.

Kerri

PostPosted: August 14th, 2003, 6:31 am
by uber
hehe ive had loads of strange head problems which have seemed to go away recently, I remember they started with when I was sitting at the computer and had my headphones on..the backs of my ears would really hurt, and id get this feeling of pressure on the back and top of my head. This progressed into some of the most terrible one sided headaches ive ever had, which didnt clear up for days :(

Gone away now tho :) Im so sure ive got MS, but im still told by the docs i dont :\ oh well...time will tell :)

PostPosted: August 14th, 2003, 6:33 am
by Pole
Kerri, it's very unussal place I think. The only place when I've read about is... my own message on this board which I posted 2 days ago (in the BFS pool). I'm sure you've read this and just after you have the same. Funny.

Maybe your mind is very powerfull.

regards
Marcin

PostPosted: August 14th, 2003, 8:49 am
by Renae
I've had tingling sensations in my head, but not twitching. My doctor said the tingling was just anxiety since my MRI was normal and all of that. Of course, I'm never convinced that's it's "just anxiety". I had the tingling in my head around the time I had a really bad episode of vertigo. Then I didn't get it again for almost a year. It just recently came back when I was prescribed an anti-depressant (vivactil). That was also accompanied by chills and a rash. Needless to say, I didn't stay on that very long.

It's all a mystery??

Renae :)

PostPosted: August 15th, 2003, 12:49 am
by Brian_B
if you have BFS chances are that virtually everything will twitch at one time or another

Ive had twitches on top/side of head but didnt last very long, maybe just a minute or 2 then went away

PostPosted: August 20th, 2003, 5:07 pm
by eric
Renae wrote:I've had tingling sensations in my head, but not twitching. My doctor said the tingling was just anxiety since my MRI was normal and all of that. Of course, I'm never convinced that's it's "just anxiety". I had the tingling in my head around the time I had a really bad episode of vertigo. Then I didn't get it again for almost a year. It just recently came back when I was prescribed an anti-depressant (vivactil). That was also accompanied by chills and a rash. Needless to say, I didn't stay on that very long.

It's all a mystery??

Renae :)

tingling sensations and vertigo symptoms may be an indication of lyme disease invading your pheripheral nerves. mri will never show lyme, and if you believe that it is not just anxiety then Ill bet you it isnt.. get checked and get your antibiotics. remember there is no real test for lyme, the only test is to take the antibiotic and see if you react to the bacteria,if you do you have lyme if you dont you dont have it!!!! bfs is another side effect of lyme do to the inability of signals to reach muscles properly.
go to an infectious disease doctor and not a neuro they are not trained. never let them tell you it is all in your head and never let them tell you your too in tuned to your body because your body is telling you there is something wrong.
thanks eric

Re: twitching in the head

PostPosted: August 20th, 2003, 5:11 pm
by eric
KERRI wrote:I have experienced the strangest thing this morning, twitching at the top of my head and a tingling sensation up the right side.

Wow!! that is new.

Kerri

kerri i know i have told you this before but tingling is a sure sign of lyme disease. tingling up the right side is telling me your peripheral nerves are infected and not sending signals properly.lyme is treatable and you can recover and feel normal again ..
eric

Re: twitching in the head

PostPosted: August 20th, 2003, 9:28 pm
by KERRI
eric wrote:
KERRI wrote:I have experienced the strangest thing this morning, twitching at the top of my head and a tingling sensation up the right side.

Wow!! that is new.

Kerri

kerri i know i have told you this before but tingling is a sure sign of lyme disease. tingling up the right side is telling me your peripheral nerves are infected and not sending signals properly.lyme is treatable and you can recover and feel normal again ..
eric


Eric,
I went to a Lyme specialist and he looked at me like I was nuts, he said it is not lyme.

Kerri

PostPosted: August 21st, 2003, 7:14 am
by GrymReeper
I'd be careful telling someone that any symptom is a "sure sign" of ANYTHING...please.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2003, 6:41 pm
by eric
GrymReeper wrote:I'd be careful telling someone that any symptom is a "sure sign" of ANYTHING...please.

your may be right, who knows?

HI kerri

PostPosted: August 26th, 2003, 9:01 pm
by John
Just name a body part and I have probably had a twitch there . Top of the head ,Yep there also.

John