Do you have this?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Do you have this?

Postby Pole on August 6th, 2003, 4:59 am

I wonder if someone else have the same kind of sensation.
It's a kind of pain, not sharp pain but constant smart pain. Usually I feel it on down side of my tights (between buttock and knee) or forearm (just under the elbow). I'm not sure whether it's a muscle pain or a skin pain. Sometimes I feel like my skin is supersensitive when I touch that place.
This sensation usually lasts all day and next day is gone.

Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on August 6th, 2003, 7:20 am

Hey Marcin,

I have had both those sensations before. I always attribute it to BFS.
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Pole on August 6th, 2003, 9:24 am

Thanks Jen

Anybody else? It's a very charcteristic feeling - I'm sure you can't miss it if you have it.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

pain...

Postby Renae on August 6th, 2003, 9:41 am

Hey Marcin-

I have a similar thing...it's almost like the back of my thigh is sore. Like you said, not sharp pain but more of a tenderness I guess. Mine comes and goes, but lately seems to be around more. The Rheumatologist says he thinks I may have a mild fibromyalgia-like syndrome. I don't think he really knows and when I ask him about things like BFS or myofascial pain syndrome...he doesn't say much. So, I'm now in physical therapy for my leg pain. We'll see if it helps. It almost feels like it needs to be stretched out, you know? And I do get aches and pains elsewhere. It's all a mystery?

I hope your cramps/pain get better soon!
Take care-
Renae :)
Renae

Postby PamT on August 7th, 2003, 7:12 am

I get that too. THere is a nerve on the side of your elbow -if you push it, you'll feel like a electric shock kind of feeling. Usually it goes away.
I read somewhere that it sometimes gets trapped but will be OK in time. If not there is an operation they can do, maybe similar to carpal tunnel surgery where they release the nerve.

How about sciatic nerve problems? That will run down the back of you leg and even to your feet, making them numb or tingly.
PamT
PamT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management