Weakness

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby dwl on July 31st, 2003, 10:59 am

Perhaps it would be helpful to abolish the term "perceived weakness" and just say that weakness is loss of function (i.e. not being able to do something such as hold a cup of coffee or button your shirt). If you don't have this then you probably have increased fatiguability of your muscles, which points to bfs rather than als.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Weakness

Postby KERRI on July 31st, 2003, 11:30 am

Uber!!!!!!!!!
Man you guys know me like a book.

I wanted to just add to the weakness thing, tuesday when I saw the neuro I was so weak I mean I felt like I would not be able to complete any of the tests and I was sure that I was done for. I did fine with all of the tests. SOOOOOOOO that weakness was percieved because I actually was not weak at all.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby DogBone on July 31st, 2003, 1:06 pm

I have posted this before -- but anyway. I saw the head of the ALS clinic and he did not even ask me about weakness, perceived or otherwise. His criteria for worrying about ALS he called a "loss of strength" or an inability to do something you could normally do without a problem.

That is all -- I tend to agree with Pole on this thread. If it is not clinical weakness, then it is not the weakness we are talking about here.

DogBone
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management