My palm again !!!!!!!!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My palm again !!!!!!!!

Postby Pole on July 11th, 2003, 3:21 am

Now I'm really scared. My palm is twiching really NON-STOP !!!!!!!! It is 3rd day. Most the time I don't even feel it !!!!!!
Whan I think that it stopped, take a look and ...what a surprice, twiching all the time. VERY fine, hardly visible. Really scaring.
I think that's IT. Now I believe that it is really possible to twich and do not feel twiching.

This twiching is just over the outside of my left wirst. No weakness, but how to feel weakness in this small muscle????????

Tell me that you have the same!!!!
regards
M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby tlotoxl on July 11th, 2003, 4:26 am

i get that in my right hand.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

PALM TWITCH

Postby KERRI on July 11th, 2003, 6:28 am

i GET THIS DEAD CENTER OF MY HAND, IT IS IN MY PALM. i THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS a twitch, a main artery runs through there and what it actually is, is my pulse.

Do not freak.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on July 11th, 2003, 6:55 am

It's not a pulse. Believe me. I'm talking about myself of course, not about you.
I can also see my pulse in the center of my palm, but these twiches I posted about are outside the palm and are very irregular - if my heart would beat so irregular I propably would be dead allready :)

regards
M.

so anybody else with twiches in a half-way between wrist and pinky finger????
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on July 11th, 2003, 1:18 pm

sure, I've twitched there off and on over the years. I don't pay any attention to it, anymore than when my butt twitches :oops: or when my eye lid twitches or any place else for that matter.

With BFS, you WILL twitch everywhere, and some of you girls know what I mean by EVERYWHERE! :lol: Wait 'till your eardrum twitches! That's an eye opening experience :shock:
Arron

Postby Floater on July 11th, 2003, 6:56 pm

palm twitch was my very first twitch 8)
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Asterix on July 12th, 2003, 12:33 pm

relax, Marcin

just another twitching hot spot: nothing unusual with BFS :)
Asterix

palm twitching

Postby Renae on July 17th, 2003, 9:07 am

palm twitching was also one of my first areas of twitching...it freaked me out because i could see it moving! i've been twitching for a year now....actually it will be a year tomorrow! from my own personal experience, i just seem to get certain spots that twitch more than others and before you know it, its another spot!

hang in there-
renae :)
Renae

Postby Davidd on July 28th, 2003, 7:55 pm

POLE-

I know I've posted msgs like this one before but it is worth repeating.

The "best" part about BFS is that just when you think you've experienced twitches in every possible part of your body....BOOM!!!...the twitches find a new place. AND, every time they find a brand new place, we get worried all over again.

By the way, you posted the original msg JUly 11...today is July 28...is it still there? I bet it has gone away...but let us know.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on July 29th, 2003, 2:30 am

Davidd,
thanks for responding. You are right - it has gone (after 5 days of NON STOP twiching), but sometimes comes back for a while (single twich like in other parts of my body).

Unfortunetelly I still have a feeling that something is wrong with that muscle. There is no weakness in my hand and there is no atrophy I can see. I hope I am just supersensitive, because I am still watching that part of my palm.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on July 29th, 2004, 6:37 pm

Marcin,

I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same twitch in the same spot. It's like a contraction of the muscle that connects the pinky to the wrist. It's pretty non-stop.

I take it you survived, but this is scary!

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Ava on July 29th, 2004, 6:43 pm

marcin,

I twitched on my left hand in that precise spot just yesterday - it went for a few minutes and is now gone. I get roving twitches in hand that move fingers, some that don't. Once, when I had a index finger twitch for a day, my neuro suggested upping Klonopin to 1.5 per day and it went right away. Then I lowered dose after a few days.

Today I am twitching everywhere since I exercised yesterday.

Glad your twitching in that area is giving some relief now.

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby John_JR on July 29th, 2004, 8:34 pm

As I’ve posted this before, I’ve noticed when it comes to these “hotspot” twitches (twitches continuously for a while in the same location) I have found that it most likely comes from an irritated nerve fiber somewhere between your head and the muscle doing the twitching. I had one of these twitches in my left foot last week and an ice pack to the back of my neck/head helped. Remember, nerve cells can stretch far throughout your body, so a twitch in your hand could be coming from a nerve in your arm, spine, or neck. I also find this to be true with those shooting pains we all get, but in reverse.
John R.
John_JR

Postby speg on July 30th, 2004, 10:25 am

Mine looks more like a slow contraction of the muscle. I can even make it happen by squeezing my wrist or moving my hand to one side! It sort of stays a few seconds then releases. The other hand does it slightly as well.

IS THIS EVEN A TWITCH???

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management