Could use some advice/help

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Could use some advice/help

Postby spb on June 24th, 2003, 4:24 pm

Hi there -

My leg pain is kind of getting to me. It's a dull ache that almost feels like the muscle is sore and then sort of a deep thud. I really don't have it so much when walking/exercising - but I have it when sitting and resting. I wake up with it in the morning.

I've posted before and appreciate your advice. I went to the gp last week who did a basic exam and thinks it's okay but wants an mri anyway to rule out MS. I had one 5 years ago.

I've had muscular aches before but never as steady as this (that's what bothers me - I've had it in the same place - inner quad and across the thigh) for a month now. Of course I am obsessing and checking for wasting...it's scary.

Has anyone also had this sort of thing along with burning? I exercised today and perhaps this is also intolerance to exercise?

On top of that - I'm getting the lump in the throat. I hate this stuff.

Any advice and support is appreciated.

Thanks.
spb

Postby Floater on June 24th, 2003, 6:00 pm

i had leg pain for no reason the other day..it lasted for 2 days....both legs hurt so bad i couldnt sleep..i describe the feeling as ::: when your stretching your leg muscles to get flexable;;;; its that kind of pain i had while my legs were completely at rest..it also felt like there were ice cubes in my bone.. it sucked bad ...but it went away thank god
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby 25 on June 24th, 2003, 8:45 pm

I have posted so often about this very thing! Just go back and you'll see. I still get it off and on, it seems to come and go and the pain is like I've overdone it w/ exercising, when in fact I didn't exercise! It's more annoying than painful. Right at this moment I don't feel it in my legs but I feel it in both of my arms! Unreal! It almost seems like it's weakness but I think it's more of a fatigued feeling...
Sandy

Postby spb on June 25th, 2003, 8:18 am

Thanks for the responses. The pain does feel as if I'd been exercising and had a pull but it also feels like a pulsating pain. It's weird and been going on for awhile. I tend to think this is a cramp but some other posts have led me to think that true cramping feels more like charley horses, etc. rather than continual dull pain.
spb

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management