EMG/NCV Test today--follow up normal???

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG/NCV Test today--follow up normal???

Postby tigerman on April 26th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Hi everyone--well, since I have had my twitches now for 3-4 months, I went ahead and had my Emg/Ncv test today and it was not as bad as I thought. I had a technician perform the NCV and my neurologist performed the EMG. The neurologist got out of the room before I could ask any questions but said he will see me in a couple of days to go over the test. Is it normal for both test to be analyzed for a couple of days before I get results?? (just hate waiting)
tigerman

Postby dave y on April 26th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Yes, sometimes neuros do it like that. If the technician did the NVC and the neuro didn't look over it first, he almost certainly wouldn't give you the results until he'd gone over the NVC results.
dave y
Hero
Hero

Postby amy_twitch on April 26th, 2005, 4:06 pm

VERY normal. The neuro who performed my EMG and NCV said that they take certain factors into account--like age and weight--when the EMG results are plotted out. Given the timing of office visits, I wouldn't expect the neuro to have enough time to do all the charting prior to their next scheduled appt. The fact that you were allowed to leave very quickly tells me that all is normal with your test. If he didn't think things were okay--he wouldn't have given you the 'standard' couple of days follow up. Know what I mean? Anyway--post again when you get your results...and in the meantime, don't stress!

Amy
amy_twitch
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management