benign ?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

benign ?

Postby fabfab on April 6th, 2005, 1:45 am

Hi there,

This morning, I juste freaked out about something that may (or may not) be completly benign. I noticed that I wasn't able to flex my toes down. Well, almost not. Just a little, little bit.
Up is ok, down is not. Especially on my left foot.
My wife can, but she says it's because she has longer toes that mine, which is true. The fact is, I don't know if I was able to flex my toes before this came to my mind. So I'm asking you. Anyone noticed that ?
I know it may sound a little wierd to talk aboit this on this forum, but this is part of my "Oh-my-god-my-leg-is-weak" syndrome, so maybe this is bfs related in a way. Any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Fabrice
"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. " Woody Allen
fabfab
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Johnny on April 6th, 2005, 9:17 am

Fab,

I don't know if this is any help, but for as long as I can remember I've been able to fan out the toes on my left foot but not on my right.

Johnny
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on April 7th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Fabrice,

I have the EXACT same problem you describe. I cannot curl my toes down on my left foot! The toes that aren't working are the 2nd and 3rd toes. Even the neurologist notes that I can't move them. Which toes aren't working for you?

I haven't read you "oh-my-God" post yet...I'll do that when I finish this post.

I too have left leg weakness, my hamstring, quad, ankle and toes. My neuro has label my affliction as "mono-neuritis multiplex". That's a fancy name for irritation or inflammaion of a single nerve fiber in multiple- unrelated areas of the body. Of course she has NO CLUE why I have this and just keeps telling me to come back in 6 months.

I have 1 more visit left on a referral I had to another neurologist. I'm going to use it ! I called for an appt today and I go the end of May.

What has your doc said about the toe thing? Are your toes numb? My are..on the bottom. I still have feeling on the tops of my toes.

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management