Major setback!!!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Major setback!!!

Postby speg on March 17th, 2005, 6:18 pm

Ok, I am having a major setback this week. I already posted about it and got only one response. I developed a new twitch on the top of my left foot. It's the tickly kind, fast, and pretty non-stop. I've had it for four days now, on and off. I am freaking out pretty badly. Possibly because: 1. It's new and persistent, 2. It's not a common spot (like the arches) and, 3. My left leg is my problem leg, twitches, jerking, cramping, buzzing, etc.

Oh, and this is the first time I have twitched in several weeks! I was feeling sooooo much better about BFS of late.

My left calf is also twitching and my foot jerks as well when I twitch.

Did have a major stressor last week.

:(

Peg
10.5 months twitching
7.5 months pregnant
Good neuro exam at three months, no emg needed
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby amy_twitch on March 17th, 2005, 7:25 pm

Peg,
Sorry about your setback--it's such a pain, huh? But you're fine--and I see that you've already got it figured out (recent stress, pregnancy etc...equals new twitch). In a case like this, keep reminding yourself that migrating twitches that come and go (and pop up new places) only strengthen the fact that this is benign. The simple fact that it's been over 10 months for you and you've had a good stretch of feeling 'better' speaks volumes. This is normal BFS junk.

Try some extra stretching (but keep it light) on that leg--and get through the last of your pregnancy with confidence!!

Take care--I'm off to drink some green beer this evening :D

Amy
amy_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on March 17th, 2005, 9:27 pm

Peg,

Get your mind off of the twitching and back on the baby. Is this your first child? If so, you are about to find out the true meaning of love! I tell all my friends, you can never fully understand how much your parents love you until you have children. I found that out after my only daughter was born about 2 1/2 years ago. It is such a blessing.

Don't worry about the twitching, it is typical BFS. Move on to better thoughts.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Stephanie on March 17th, 2005, 11:01 pm

The twitching will probably get better after you have the baby (usually by 3 mos)-that's when most of the extra hormones are gone.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Roger G. on March 18th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Not for nothing,but if you think that the top of your foot is not a common spot,You aint seen nothin yet :!:
Roger G.
Hero
Hero

Newcomer

Postby Kat on March 18th, 2005, 11:07 pm

Hi, I'm new. I was just diagnosed with BFS this past Monday. I'm only 19, and seem to be the youngest out of everybody else here, or atleast that I've read. I have a lot of questions and concerns. I want to know if this is manageable and how. If ya'll have any advice, then please let me know.

Thanks,
Kat
Kat

Postby Lance on March 23rd, 2005, 3:59 am

relax! you can't make any assessment until after the babe is born! Twitching can occur from the top of the head to the toes (and ANYWHERE :oops: in between) in BFS.
Lance

Postby Ginlyn on April 3rd, 2005, 4:42 am

Peg,

A year ago my left foot would twitch on the top and on the side.

This went on for at least a month.

It went away for almost a year, and I got a twitch today in the same place.

But know that my foot is as strong as ever (I just recently completed a half-marathon!)

Hope you feel better real soon.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management