Weather

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Weather

Postby John on March 3rd, 2005, 12:26 am

I have noticed as aof lateely that my legs twitch worse on the days when it is Cold and rainy outside ..My twitches have subsided greatly over the past year ,but on days when it is raining and just yucky and nasty outside they get bad .. Now I have not check like the barometer and things such as that ,its just an observation ......Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

John
John

Postby Brian_B on March 3rd, 2005, 2:47 am

maybe I'm just crazy, but to me it seems I twitch more on days where the weather changes a lot from day to day. if it goes from say 20 degrees one day to 50 degrees the next I think I twitch more.
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby whatnext on March 7th, 2005, 7:17 pm

I don't know about the twitching, but the fatigue and perceived weakness seem worse on cold and/or damp days. That's been my experience.
I will ultimately and completely crush, defeat, anihilate, and eradicate my anxiety so it cannot and will not do the same to me.
whatnext
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Johnny on March 7th, 2005, 11:17 pm

This topic gets me thinking about the autoimmune/viral possibilities of BFS. I have had Crohn's Disease/Ulcerative Colitis for about 10 years. Crohn's/Colitis is an autoimmune disorder. And I remember my gastro telling me that many people experience flare-ups during cold fronts, changes in the weather etc. I remember it happening to me also.

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I'll be darned if my Crohn's didn't flare up during weather changes. I haven't really thougth about the twitches behaving that way.

Johnny
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Chron's Desease

Postby Slavin Balen on March 8th, 2005, 1:45 am

My gastroenterologist says that wide spread fasciculations might be early sign of Chron's Desease. He has seen a few cases in his career. I have been tested last week. The lab exam was negative i.e. I have not CD.
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Chron's Desease

Postby Slavin Balen on March 8th, 2005, 1:50 am

My gastroenterologist says that wide spread fasciculations might be early sign of Chron's Desease. He has seen a few cases in his career. I have been tested last week. The lab exam was negative i.e. I have not CD.
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby DeeDee on March 8th, 2005, 9:46 am

Slavin,

What is the connection with Crohn's Disease and what type of lab testing did they perform?

DeeDee
DeeDee
DeeDee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Pansdorf method

Postby Slavin Balen on March 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Sorry, I can't find out words in English. Something like this:
I did lab test of bowels by Pansdorf's method. I had my bowels X-rayed. Lasted few hours and 10 pictures were done. It shows early stage of Chron's desease and other desease as well. Everything was fine and normal.
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby mml on March 11th, 2005, 4:50 am

I also have noticed that I feel worse in bad weather mostly the dampness if we have a few rainy days in a row my legs hurt a lot more
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management