Do any of the b vitamins help with muscle twitching?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Do any of the b vitamins help with muscle twitching?

Postby jen78nc on February 26th, 2005, 12:05 pm

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows if vitamin b6 can help with muscle twitching. I have been reading that b6 deficiencies can cause twitching. If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone!
jen78nc

b vitamins

Postby marieclare on February 26th, 2005, 3:59 pm

has not helped me at all!
marieclare
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ish on February 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm

Almost everything has been reported by someone as helping. I tried most of them: B vitamins, Ca, Mg, E, gatorade, etc. Still am. But no results I can be confident of.
Ish

Postby Eve on February 27th, 2005, 10:51 am

I have had a combination of B1 and B6. Did not help me at all.
Eve
Eve

Postby Roger G. on February 27th, 2005, 11:37 am

I have been told for sure that B12 deficiancy can effect the neuro system.In the begginning I was told I was low in B12,I started getting shots ( Which is by far the best way ) It did nothing for me. Now I just do the vitiamans.It may help the low level in general,but not the twitching.
Roger G.
Hero
Hero

Postby Eve on February 27th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Roger, I have a deficienty of B12 too (148). The neuro thinks that there is a little chance this is the cause of the problems. I have had 4 shots and now I have to stop for half a year, do a blood test again and then we will see.
Eve
Eve

Postby GDK on March 2nd, 2005, 12:44 pm

I have been going thru this syndrome since 98-every test has come out perfect-benign syndrome--I have been dropping in on this web site from time to time-even got my nero to take a look at it whileI was in his office. He had certainly been aware of this syndrome since he has it. Gets muscle twitches in his back when fatigued. Vitamin E has helped me reduce twitches it is a great anti-oxdant in itself. I also take a b-complex--Also you should be screed for vitamin e deficiency which can be an indicator of nerological conditions...I still run 30-35 min. and can still bench 240 (10 reps) I am still here today and plan on being here for a long long long time. Good Luck to all of you....gdk :D
GDK

Postby shamus on March 20th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Be very careful with any supplement treatment. Most supplements contain many more nutrients than your body requires. Although B vitamins are water soluble the can be toxic when taken in excess. If you eat a good vitamin fortified cereal in the morning, it is highly ulikely that you will need B vitamin supplements. The bottom line is you are much better getting your nutrients from food. In the USA, we are hardly laking for food but it is the food you choose that makes the difference. So instead of vitamins eat protein, fruits, vegetables and drinking alot of water. Stay away from caffeine (coffee, cola's, chocolate) and don't smoke. It is pretty easy to do if you want to feel better! Good luck.
shamus

Postby shamus on March 20th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot.........exercise is great.......it gives you goal and a focus as well as building up your body's defenses against illness. Provides a mental lift for me.........I run, lift weights, bike, play tennis, golf, ski and ice skate and enjoy them all. Best thing for you in my book!
shamus

Postby Stephanie on March 20th, 2005, 1:12 pm

I agree. I have had no change from B vits except for an elevated level in my bld wk.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on April 16th, 2005, 12:28 pm

My neurologist warned me not to take B-6 supplements because to much can cause irreversible pheripheral nerve damage.. it can lead to neuopathy. i was taking it on and off for a year and my B-6 level bloodtests came back dangerously high. i have to retest soon to make sure b-6 levels are down.
B-6 over your daily amount can be toxic to your peripheral nervous system!

he suggested i stay on b-12 and folic acid for my nerves
Floater
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management