low b1 thiamin

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

low b1 thiamin

Postby Floater on January 27th, 2005, 6:58 pm

i found out today from my neurologist that im low in vitamin b1 and he has ordered me to take 100 mgs of b1 daily.. it all started last week.. i got a referral to a neuro because i showed my doctor the hart report about an auto immune connection. well the neuro didnt feel a need to test me for vg antibodies but ordered a chest xray. he said that people with thynoma have those antibodies and i didnt fit thynoma. anyway i told him i take b12 b6 and folic acid supplements.. he warned me that to much b6 can cause irreversible nerve damage. b12 and folic acid are good to go. thats when he decided to check my vitamin levels. from what i read about b1 deficiency,, it causes tingling sensations, fatigue, nevous system dysfunction, muscle wasting..ect. i hope this is the key to all my problems. i hope but you know,,, we have all tried everything to get rid of this illness. ill update later,.. and for those people that think they might have ALS. heres a couple things my neuro has told me... people with ALS cant feel there fasciculations. with als you wouldnt have fasciculations all over your body.. they would be concentrated in one spot with the dying muscle.. finally if you want grab your toothbrush and have someone scrape the bottom end from the heel of your foot to the toes,, if your toes curl down thats a good sign:) toes curl up in als patients..

ok enough
Floater
Saint
Saint

Re: low b1 thiamin

Postby LeeNC on January 27th, 2005, 8:37 pm

Floater wrote:i found out today from my neurologist that im low in vitamin b1 ... i hope this is the key to all my problems. i hope but you know,,, we have all tried everything to get rid of this illness...

...if you want grab your toothbrush and have someone scrape the bottom end from the heel of your foot to the toes,, if your toes curl down thats a good sign:) toes curl up in als patients..

Hey, Floater:

Don't you know it, we have tried so many things. For me, there's been a barely perceptible lessening of symptoms after 7 months, due more to the passage of time than any of the weird things I tried, but mostly there's just been a decision to ignore whatever my twitchy body is doing.

Eeuw, why tell people how to check the Babinski reflex? It's not comfy. Besides, most of us need the comfort of expert advice. My own expert advice came not from a neurologist but from you guys. Thanks.

Hoping the B1 experiment helps if only a little.

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Re: low b1 thiamin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management