New to this forum and would like to say hello

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New to this forum and would like to say hello

Postby Maelstrom on January 20th, 2005, 11:32 am

Hi I am an Aussie(dont hold that against me) and am posting this late this evening. I am not even sure if I have worked out the time difference. I am also currently studying for a Diploma of Remedial Massage at a local college here in Perth WA and have a client who I massage who seems to think he has BFS. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has benefited from any massage treatment. I have noticed that a lot of people have mentioned electrolyte drinks and the link to possible imbalance. I injured my right ankle resulting in muscle spasms and much pain and had many tests done that said nothing could be found and that it must all be in my head. I spoke to my Aunty Mo who is an old witch and she put me on to a drink that is so easy to make and has helped me in stopping spasms and reducing pain. I add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey into a litre of water and drink 2 litres of this per day. From my studies and personal research I am suggesting that sometimes dis-ease sets in when the body has turned alkaline and really just needs to be returned to an acidic state. Research suggests that all the nasties such as Strepococcus, staphococcus can only survive in a high alkaline environment and disappear when the environment returns to acidic. The benefit of honey is that is gives energy and tastes nice as well as having health benefits and the apple cider vinegar helps to return the blood and body to an acidic state. We have all heard the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away!! Also both honey and apple cidar vinegar are high in Potassium. I hope that some of you out there can try this idea and tell me how you go as I firmly believe that sometimes the old remedies are the best.

Cheers Maelstrom
Hi people. I am a massage therapist here in Oz and am interested in any information that can help me to help others who may have this condition.
Maelstrom

Postby Pasics Pete on January 20th, 2005, 11:36 am

Personally, I have found that after a session of massage therapy my fasciculations increase temporarily.
Pasics Pete
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management