Tense Jaw Muscles

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tense Jaw Muscles

Postby DAH on January 16th, 2005, 8:37 pm

Are tense jaw muscles a common symptom with BFS? My jaws and throat feel tight and I'm hoping it's just due to anxiety and stress.
David
Philippians 4:6-8
DAH
Interested
Interested

Postby Heater on January 17th, 2005, 2:32 pm

I'm not sure if I experienced the exact same thing, however I have had difficulty with my jaw, particularly on the right side of my face, and also under my chin, going into a near cramp situation. The muscles seem to tighten up and can become quite painful. It was worse about a year ago when all this started, and taking Calcium supplements in addition to my usual high intake of dairy products have reduced this problem a lot.

As for throat tightness, in my case I think it was just anxiety over the possibilities.

Cheers,
Heath
Heater

Postby eleven on January 21st, 2005, 7:40 am

I have had TMJ since I was a kid. And when my BFS first started, my jaw pain/tension increased greatly. I think it was a combination of anxiety and the BFS. Furthermore, my throat stayed constricted for months when my anxiety was the worst. I am almost certain this was just anxiety. I did get some spasms and twitches in my throat, which were probably more related to BFS.
The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the crow -William Blake
eleven

test

Postby iamtwitching on April 19th, 2005, 8:25 am

test
iamtwitching

test

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management