Question regarding pain in feet arches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question regarding pain in feet arches

Postby DAH on January 15th, 2005, 10:57 am

I was wondering if any of you experience any pain in the arch of your feet and if it is related to BFS? There is always a constant pain in the arch of my left foot. It is not a severe pain, but bad enough for me to realize it is always there. It started about the same time as my fasciculations. I have high arches and I'm thinking about getting some arch supports for my shoes to see if it helps.
David
Philippians 4:6-8
DAH
Interested
Interested

Postby dave y on January 15th, 2005, 7:09 pm

I just got over a bout of planta fasciitis that lasted a year. Believe you me, you don't want that. I also have a history of needing arch support, or I get pain in my feet and arches that makes it hard to walk. I tried all sorts of expensive custom made inserts until I found the best of all--the Birkenstock shoe inserts are perfect. Awesome in fact. And their sandals are good too.
dave y
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on January 15th, 2005, 8:24 pm

In the morning my feet hurt so much all over that I limp. Goes away after 1/2 hour.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Pasics Pete on January 16th, 2005, 7:17 am

Interesting. I see that I'm not the only one who suffers from occasional, but extremely painful, bouts of plantar fasciitis. In my case, PF can be directly attributed to the type of arthritis I suffer from.
Pasics Pete
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dave y on January 16th, 2005, 5:29 pm

stephanie,

that is a classic plantar fascitis symptom.

also this topic came up at Braintalk a while back and several people there had it too.

That said, it's a pretty common problem in the general population. Both my parents have had it too.
dave y
Hero
Hero

Postby DAH on January 16th, 2005, 8:23 pm

Does plantar fascitis cause pain in the arch as well as the heel? How do you treat it?
David
Philippians 4:6-8
DAH
Interested
Interested

Postby dave y on January 17th, 2005, 4:04 pm

yes it causes the pain in the heel too. it is very difficult to treat. some podiatrists give cortizone shots in the heel. I got two of those and it didn't help beyond a couple weeks.

I had it for a year. what worked for me, and I only got results after months not weeks, was a night brace to keep the tendon on the bottom of the foot stretched while I slept, careful stretching, and Birkenstock shoe inserts, as well as a conversion to always wearing tennis-shoe style shoes with plenty of foam cushioning.

it is a real drag.
dave y
Hero
Hero

Postby TMcMahon on January 18th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Wow Deja vu all over again. Pain in my heel and arch especially upon waking and after vigorous excersise. Been with me for three months and can get so bad that the arch of foot can cramp. Have inserts now. Of course any new symptom I get must be related to the twitching- thats how the mind works.
TMcMahon

Postby emmyangel on January 26th, 2005, 10:36 pm

I have pretty much constant twitching in the arches of my feet and I find the Homedics Foot Pleaser ( a deep massage w/ heat) massager helps me. I do not have plantar fascitis per podiatrist, but the constant twitching does cause some cramping in the arches as well as my toes.
I'm not sure this would work for everyone, because I read in someone's post that massages make twitching worse, but it sure does offer me some relief from the pain. Plus my husband got tired of rubbing my feet.
At this point in time, I try anything to get some relief!
Take care,
Kristy
emmyangel

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management