I'm well now, so will be leaving this site.

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I'm well now, so will be leaving this site.

Postby Beep on December 16th, 2002, 9:04 am

Hi everyone. I'm just signing on to sign off. Wanted you all to know what a huge help this site has been. It's kept me sane, kept me from depression, kept me from suicidal thoughts when I thought what I had was als, and made me feel so much better to know I was not alone. Special thanks to Arron for all the knowledge he passed on. Although, my membership record says I'm a new member, I've been on this site since just after it appeared on the web. I guess all my info and former posts were lost when the site went down. I've had bfs for over 3 years and my nuero didn't even have a name for this illness when I approached him seeking help. This site gave me a name for my illness and an approach to dealing with it that gave my life back to me. I've tried all the remedies and helps posted here and a few that weren't. I honestly don't know if I'm well because of the various and wide variety of remedies I tried or if the bfs has just run its course. I just know that the twitches are finally gone and have been for awhile now. If I relapse, I'll let you all know, but I rarely visit this site anymore because I haven't needed to. I thought it best to let you guys know my status because like others here, I've wondered if this would ever go away. I think the biggest help in my recovery has been the knowledge I gained from this website. Once I quit stressing, I improved slowly but steadily. I've eaten a diet and used supplements to support an healthy nervous system and I quit worrying about this disease. I can't say it enough, I quit worrying because of this website. It has probably saved my life and certainly my sanity. May God bless you all and especially the founder of this website and Arron for all the indepth knowledge he passed on. Thanks to the rest of you for sharing your symptoms and wisdom in dealing with bfs. I shared so many of the same problems and felt better knowing I wasn't the only one who had a strange symptom and that my bfs wasn't turning into als. Blessings to all of you and prayers for your complete recoveries. Thanks for all you've done for me. A merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. So long. Beep.
Beep

Postby Nole on December 16th, 2002, 11:52 am

Congrats, I am so glad to hear you are well. Now go out and live your life and ENJOY!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on December 16th, 2002, 12:33 pm

That is GREAT news Beep!! There is a wonderful world out there waiting for you again. Our best wishes go out to you. You take care now, OK? Have a great life!!!!!
Arron

Postby Debbs on December 16th, 2002, 9:29 pm

Beep, How sweet it is to here a success story, thankyou for sharing and take care of yourself.

So Long

Deb :D
Debbs

Congrats!

Postby Davidd on December 25th, 2002, 8:41 pm

Beep--

Congrats on getting through this! I actually have not been on this site very much at all over the last few months. Unlike you, however, my calf twitches have not gone away but I am about 80% used to them. With all the MRIs and EMGs I've had done, the doctors have discovered that I have degenerated discs in the lumbar part of my spine which is causing nerve irritation in my legs and thus most likely is causing the twitching in my calves. Unfortunately there isn't much they can do but I can say that I am very used to the twitching which is why I don't come here as often. That said, I still get twitches elsewhere (fingers, face, etc) but I am just able to ignore them better than I used to be able to. Maybe check back here every now and then if you feel like it but, if not, enjoy everything in your life!!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Congrats!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management