MEDS EXPIERIENCE

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

MEDS EXPIERIENCE

Postby Roger G. on January 13th, 2005, 12:56 pm

I will try to be as brief as I can here. As I said, I have been twitching for ten years now literally from the soles of my feet, to my entire upper torso. First the ones that dont seem to work well. the Anti-parkinson Meds. they seem to do o.k. at first but results are very short lived plus some unpleasent side effects. Next Qinine, (water,tablets) may help cramping but thats it. next the Benzodiazapines (1) valium,effects short lived highly addictive. (2) Xanax,same as valium although excellent for Anixety. great if taken only as needed. (3) Klonipin better than previous meds, mainly because its effects last longer (up to 12 hours or so) these meds have their place but be careful! best bet is to take them only when things are at their worst, here they are very useful, my choice Klonipin.Now for something that you may or may not have heared about. the Opiates (codiene,vicodin,percocet etc.) I have done research on this as well as used them in treatment BUT TAKE NOTE, ONLY WHEN UNDER STRICK SUPERVISION BY A DOCTOR!. when taken in low doses, only when needed I feel they work the best, greatly reducing the twitching sensations as well as helping to relax you. The biggest problem here is the more you use them the less effective they become. Also chances of addition are very high. but like I said when used properly they are extremely effective. thats all for now, Out of time, See Ya Soon ! :D
Roger G.
Hero
Hero

Postby PDR on January 14th, 2005, 10:56 am

Thanks Roger
PDR

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management