Twitching and tremor in hand

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching and tremor in hand

Postby Eve on December 20th, 2004, 4:24 pm

Hello everybody,

I am new here and twitching since 4 month. I would like to know if anyone also experiences a tremor in hands. I have twitches all over my body but mostly in my left arm/hand. I have also a fatigue on my left arm/hand for four month now. Like a lot of people here I am scared having ALS. Especially when the twitching is in my tongue or hand where I have a tremor and fatigue.
I am very hapy reading this forum because my neuro could not tell me more than: probably benign... I have had two exams, blood exam and two MRI's but found nothing. Never had an EMG because both of the Neuro's didn't think it is necessairy.
Did anyone experience that the twitching is more by taking Magnesium. I tried for three times and after taking Magnesium the twitching was much more..

Eve
Eve

Postby Barb916 on December 20th, 2004, 9:30 pm

Hi Eve and Welcome!

I too have a tremor in my hands. The neuro picked it up during an exam I had in October. At that point I had been twitching for 6 months.

I would take the fact that the neuro doesn't think it's necessary to even have and EMG as a Very GOOD sign. That means he/she is not overly concerned about your symptoms....and that's always a good sign!

Take Care,
Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on December 20th, 2004, 9:32 pm

I forgot to mention...I have not taken Magnesium or anything else for that matter to try to help with the twitching.
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Eve on December 21st, 2004, 2:54 am

Barb,
Thanks for your reply. Nice to have support. Are you officially diagnosed with BFS? Did the Neuro tell you anything about the tremor? Does it go away???

Eve
Eve

Postby speg on December 28th, 2004, 8:53 pm

Eve,
I also have a tremor in my hands, left worse than right. I've been twitching now for 7 months. I had a neuro exam several months ago, and the neuro didn't think an EMG was necessary as well. I didn't mention the tremor at the time, cause I started noticing it after I quit taking Klonopin. I am back on a very low dose, but still have the tremor. I did see my GP years ago about the tremor (I've had it on and off for years) and he said it was either anxiety or a benign, essential tremor. It never scared me much (just an annoyance) until the ALS scare and then all sorts of neuro diseases came to mind after reading too much information. My fingers wag back and forth as well. Worse when stressed and after a hot bath -- whenever my heartbeat is faster.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

tremor

Postby Ish on January 5th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Yes, also a tremor in left hand with hard to describe feelings of weakness and uneasiness in left arm (not actual weakness, but a strange weak feeling). Also pins & needles. AND the classic thumb twitch/tremor). That arm/hand thing though ... don't like the feel of that at all. Seems to be very common (even typical I think) in BFSers.

[twitching 1.5 years. EMG and neuro: normal except for fx]
Ish

tremor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management