New here, buzzing sensation in head

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New here, buzzing sensation in head

Postby ronald_b on December 5th, 2004, 12:00 pm

Hello all, well I'm new here. I'm 37 years old. Recently started getting a buzzing sensation in my head.

A little history first. A couple years ago, I got neuromas in my feet from exercising a lot. It's inflamation in the nerve between the toes. They hurt and burn. Doctor tried orthodics but didn't help. I noticed I got a buzzing sensation in my legs about a year ago. That went away for several months. A couple months ago, I got buzzing sensations all over. Esp in my legs but at night I get it in my head. It's hard to sleep sometimes as it will slowly come on and then stop all of a sudden, then start again. It would be easier if it would just "stay on".

Question, is this a common symptom? Or am I going crazy? Also can this be related to the neuromas I have? Thank you!
ronald_b

Nobody?

Postby ronald_b on December 6th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Nobody gets buzzing sensations in their head? Come on!
ronald_b

Postby Stephanie on December 6th, 2004, 11:17 pm

I get it in my limbs. Buzzing in head-could it be your ears humming?
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby LeeNC on December 7th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Ron-B:

Maybe we're describing the sensation differently but it's the same thing? My head doesn't buzz, but:

Many of us feel a vibration-like sensation, most noticeable when we're lying in bed. I feel it when I'm lying down to go to sleep and also when I first awaken. Nthat I've learned about BFS, it's the same for many of us here. I can't even identify where the feeling is...maybe in my head and neck. Sort of in my "core." If that sounds familiar, then relax.

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on December 7th, 2004, 11:41 pm

Yes, I get that too.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Barb916 on December 8th, 2004, 12:11 am

I too have had the vibration feeling as LeeNC and Stephanie spoke of. I don't get buzzing in my head but I do get tingling on my scalp and neck.

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

As Lee described

Postby ronald_b on December 8th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Lee, yes just as you described. I can't exactly point out the spot where it's coming from either. But I can feel it in my head when I wake up. But not during the day or even when I go to bed and lay there.
ronald_b

As Lee described

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management