weight loss / excersize / sweeteners as the cause of BFS?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby stevepaul on November 27th, 2004, 6:52 am

Hi

Did anyones start after eating a meat pie? mine did.

Steve.
stevepaul
Hero
Hero

Postby LeeNC on November 27th, 2004, 12:03 pm

Steve:

Hmm, you're one of the posters here who has gotten deeper into the science behind BFS...and now you're asking about meat pies!? Really. Are you mocking us? :D

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on November 27th, 2004, 10:02 pm

I'm a vegetarian.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

meat pies

Postby Ish on December 8th, 2004, 8:45 pm

stevepaul wrote:Hi
Did anyones start after eating a meat pie? mine did.
Steve.

Very nice. My coworkers are wondering what I'm smiling so maniacally about.

Sigh. This casting about is exhausting though. Found myself wondering about insecticide on my blueberries. Well, look, I *did* start eating a lot of blueberries (a cup a day, every day) back then. And lots of insecticides do cause nerve damage and fasciculation (google or pubmed it up, you'll see). So, *could happen* as the lady says. ;)

Or maybe it was bike riding for hours through corn fields and soy bean fields. They were probably loaded with chemicals, insecticides and fertilizers both; I could smell 'em. or maybe I did manage to get bit by a tick when I was back east (though can't say I even left the hotel ... or did I? Did I walk across Boston Common?) Or maybe the carpet cleaning fluid they use in my office ... or the lead in the chocolate I eat ... ... or .. or...

Your seen the movie *Safe*? That's me these days. (not really, but I feel the tendency)
Ish

Postby stevepaul on January 6th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Hi Ish.

If I've managed to put a smile on your face even for a short while then I'm pleased, it helps us through the day. Its all to easy to let this thing get you down.

Take care Steve.
stevepaul
Hero
Hero

Postby Ryan on January 6th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Very interesting...my twitching started weeks after I stopped running when I hurt my knee. Prior to my injury I was running long distances 5 days a week.

About a month and a half ago, I started exercising (mainly to prove to myself that I did not have ALS). To my delight I was as strong as ever, but after 3x of going to the gym, my twitches got worse, so I stopped exercising.
Ryan
Interested
Interested

Postby PDR on January 7th, 2005, 9:11 am

Ryan:

Don't stop the exercise......
I started twitching 10/11 2003......I did a 1/2 Marathon this past September.....Spunn this AM and Twitch like crazy......

The health benefits out weigh the risks, especially as you get older.....

Deal with the twitches....they are Benign.....

Paul :wink:
PDR

Postby Stephanie on January 7th, 2005, 9:15 pm

Paul is right, excercise is one of the keys to health. It can prolong your life. If it increases your twitches (it does mine) it is a mental obstacle to overcome. I've started going to the gym again and will try not to let these twitches stop me again!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management