Anyone tried Immune-suppressants to treat BFS??

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone tried Immune-suppressants to treat BFS??

Postby jasonh_22 on October 20th, 2004, 1:41 pm

I'm considering trying immune suppressants just to see if they help. All evidence points to BFS having something to do with the immune system gone haywire for some reason (similar to Arthritis)...

Has anyone here actually tried taking immune suppressants to see if they lessen twitches? I imagine it would work if BFS really is the immune system attacking the nerve pathways for one reason or another...and I'm considering trying it.

Thanks.
jasonh_22

Postby garym on October 20th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Jason,

While I know that BFS is a pain, I think you need to measure your response to the condition. I used to subscribe to the thought of trying anything that may help. After suffering for over a year, I've changed my mind. Sometimes the cost of trying unwarranted treatments can be high, and I'm living that. Because of the pharmaceuticals I've tried for BFS, my health insurance costs nearly $900.00 / mth (for myself, wife and two year old), and none of the big co's would write a policy for me directly. I had to get group coverage through one of my companies. So i understand the desire to find a fix, but there may be unseen consequences. Just think hard before proceeding, but if you do and it works, let me know.

Good luck,

Gary
garym

Postby JerryMc on October 21st, 2004, 7:59 am

I'd be interested to hear if they work. My Mom has rheumatoid arthritis and my Dad died from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which is an immune system disease.
JerryMc

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management