twitches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

twitches

Postby kahill on October 11th, 2004, 12:08 am

I started having twitches in July. First in my eye, then in my side now in my arm. I'm pretty scared. In fact really scared. I don't have any weakness but still if you look up info on the internet it sends you into thinking/worrying that I might have ALS. Do I need to be worried about that? I did start taking magnesium to see if it would help. SO far nothing. I dunno. I guess I need to get to a doctor, I'm just scared to hear what they have to say. Anyone else with this problem?
Love and Laughter...Kelly
kahill
Interested
Interested

Postby Val on October 11th, 2004, 2:15 am

Hi kelly,
I am actually new to this forum,too, but I have been twitching for alittle over a year now. You are in exactly the right place here, there is a ton of support and info here. People here have been thru or are going thru exactly what you are going thru. My advice to you is to read,read,read the posts you find here- there's alot of good advice and comfort also. I so wish I'd found this forum a year ago when things were just starting and I was in a complete panic. It would have helped me SO much. I'm not sure what your anxiety level is, but if it is high then I would get to a doctor. Take charge! My first doctor blew me off and didn't take me seriously, so I referred myself to another one, had myself tested, and now I can rest assured that I really dont have ALS or MS. Yes it is spendy, but peace of mind......Priceless!
As for supplements, some say calcium/ magnesium is good to take. Potassium is also supposed to help. I personally take cal/mag/zinc along with a good multi vitamin, flax oil, garlic oil, and milk thistle (for good liver function/filtering out impurities). I also cut back on caffiene. I'm not certain if it really helps or not, but I've tried a host of supplements and these are the ones that I think are helping.
Stick around, you're in good company! :)
Val
Val

Postby Barb916 on October 11th, 2004, 8:35 am

Kelly

I agree with Val. Go see your doctor to put you mind at ease. Stick around here and you'll see that we all have very similiar symptoms. Not to worry! Sounds like you twitchin' like the rest of us ! :D

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Rolon on October 11th, 2004, 11:47 am

Kelly,

Copy the "BFS in a Nutshell" to a Word Document.

Read it over and over, especially when you are scared.

It really helped me a lot with my anxiety.

Also, stay on this board. The people on this board are truly sincere about the mental and physical welfare of it's members and guests that are suffering from similar symptoms.

Hang in there. Don't let it rule your life. Don't let it control your every thought during your every waken minute of every day. But if it does, this board will be here for you.
Rolon

Postby kahill on October 11th, 2004, 2:34 pm

I can't begin to tell you just how much this forum hasdone for me already! Thank you...EVERYONE!
Love and Laughter...Kelly
kahill
Interested
Interested

Postby nacide on October 20th, 2004, 8:56 pm

I have twitches since 2 1/2 years now. I was very scared at the beginning. What made it all worse is that my father died of ALS. I saw this all happen and when I started to twitch I thought I have only half a year left. I did all tests and they all came back negative. The neuro I visit sayed that she has experience with ALS and my strength does not indicate that I have it. That was 2 years ago. I can still do everything and I even have the feeling that the symptoms weakened over the years. But I still have the twitching. My symptoms are exactly those described in "BFS in a nutshell". To read this helped me a lot and even to know that uncomfortable feelings and excercise intollerance are normal conditions.
It helps a lot of course if some years pass by without change, because that reduces the anxiety, which everyone in this forum certainly has.
nacide
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management