Klonopin

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Klonopin

Postby rj45 on August 30th, 2004, 7:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading posts on klonopin, I have been on it for 2 weeks it helped the small twitches in my calves ,but while on the drug have developed larger twitches in other places. I have had one in my left forearm now for 5 days nonstop. Could it be the klonopin? I never had big twitches like that before the medication.

RJ
rj45
Interested
Interested

Postby Floater on August 30th, 2004, 6:05 pm

its most likely the BFS..although klonopin has muscle twitching as a side effect. how much do you take? if you take .05, that is a weak dose.. the more you take the less you twitch.. 2mgs usually kills off a hot spot nonstop twitch, for me anyway
Floater
Saint
Saint

hotspot

Postby rj45 on August 31st, 2004, 12:19 pm

Floater, I take .5 in the morning and .5 in the evening. Been on it for 15 days.I just got a call from my doc to see how I was doing and I told him I developed a nonstop hard twitch in my left forearm for 6 days running. he said he wanted another emg done in all my limbs.Said that my condition getting worse while on the klonopin caused him some concern.
Just when I was starting to accept it was bfs.He is concerend and now I am again! Oh well here we go again.
Floater, when you took the klonopin 2mg did it take the nonstop twitch away for good or just till the med wore off?

RJ
rj45
Interested
Interested

Postby Floater on August 31st, 2004, 4:31 pm

dont worry about the hot spot... we all get them,, you just need a stonger dose. i have had a hot spot in my elbow for days..it still comes and goes
Floater
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management