Recovered BFSer here..,SHOCKED by video, sweeteners cause?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Recovered BFSer here..,SHOCKED by video, sweeteners cause?

Postby Rainyjane on October 11th, 2015, 8:12 am

I twitched for about 11 years. I'm ok now, fully recovered after a long struggle. Hopefully some of you read my post from last year.

I was shocked to see this video. I was actually on a diet around about the time I came down with twitching. Could Aspartame have been the cause? mS like symptoms are verrrry common for Aspartame overdose! Everyone, stop drinking diet Coke...now! Well, I have now that I've seen this! I actually hadn't drank much Diet Coke at all in the last few years, because I heard it was really bad for you, and my pharmacist, an old, wise ma, said it should be banned! He said it is scary stuff...

http://chachanova.com/danger-of-aspartame/

Hugs to you all.. I don't stay on these forums much because I can get a temporary return of symptoms if I think about it too much. Valium helped me, and in emergency measures in the beginning, sitting under the shower for hours! Careful with the Valium, though.mit was starting to wreck my memory. Xxx
Rainyjane

Re: Recovered BFSer here..,SHOCKED by video, sweeteners caus

Postby Yuliasir on October 11th, 2015, 1:51 pm

in order to get OVERDOSE of aspartam, one really need to drink diet cola in canisters, not even in a bottles.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Rainyjane on October 11th, 2015, 7:43 pm

I wouldn't drink ANY. Not enough studies were done, and the ones that were done say it's a neurotoxin! The lady in the video believed it to be behind her twitches. I think there is definitely something to it...

It's up to everyone if they want to quit of or not but why not try to see if it helps is all I'm saying.
Rainyjane

Postby Yuliasir on October 13th, 2015, 7:50 am

here is the file
https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/gmm_rpts/gmm1.pdf
it containes quite fresh and more or less comprehensive summary of studies on aspartam toxicity performed on animal models and studies and passive reports involving humans.

just read it and I suppose you would feel much easier about diet cola and artificial sweeteneters.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on December 12th, 2015, 4:30 pm

There are a lot of causes of twitching and neuropathies.

Mine happened to be gut damage caused by gluten proteins. And as a study I recently posted says, anyone who has unexplained neurological / neuromuscular illness for prolonged periods of time, should get the Deamidated Gliadin antibody test to rule out intestinal causes. Because they estimated 40-60% of people with undiagnosed neurological conditions are indeed suffering from some form of gut barrier dysfunction which is causing an autoimmune reaction against their nerves and muscles.

One of the things I did to recover mentally from BFS was to research all the causes of muscle twitching all over the body. And trust me. There are many. Well over 30 conditions (even herpes type 1) report myriads of people with body-wide twitching. That's why I never fully understood the fears people had here about ALS. Its literally at the farest end of the spectrum of possibilities, and the absolute lowest percent chance of being the cause. And once you get tested, that chance becomes zero. Yet folks here still fear ALS and ignore the 9 thousand other proven causes of our symptoms.

If this were an elementary school, I would gather everyone onto a bus and we'd take a trip to LabCorp to run the Gliadin Antibody test after eating pizzas for 3 weeks. I bet I could knock out half the people here in one swoop by finally showing them that their problem is intestinal-related. Unfortunately you will find that nobody here wants to bother with all that nonsense. I guess its easier to be miserable and terrified?

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on December 12th, 2015, 7:17 pm

BFSBurger is on point. His approach is/was exactly mine. I was positive for Celiac Disease via blood tests. Should I do that test you did too, or is it unnecessary? BFSBurger, please click my signature and advise if I may have missed something.

Thanks.
Last edited by misterjuanperalta on December 27th, 2015, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 26th, 2015, 11:13 am

BFSBurger wrote:There are a lot of causes of twitching and neuropathies.

Mine happened to be gut damage caused by gluten proteins. And as a study I recently posted says, anyone who has unexplained neurological / neuromuscular illness for prolonged periods of time, should get the Deamidated Gliadin antibody test to rule out intestinal causes. Because they estimated 40-60% of people with undiagnosed neurological conditions are indeed suffering from some form of gut barrier dysfunction which is causing an autoimmune reaction against their nerves and muscles.

One of the things I did to recover mentally from BFS was to research all the causes of muscle twitching all over the body. And trust me. There are many. Well over 30 conditions (even herpes type 1) report myriads of people with body-wide twitching. That's why I never fully understood the fears people had here about ALS. Its literally at the farest end of the spectrum of possibilities, and the absolute lowest percent chance of being the cause. And once you get tested, that chance becomes zero. Yet folks here still fear ALS and ignore the 9 thousand other proven causes of our symptoms.

If this were an elementary school, I would gather everyone onto a bus and we'd take a trip to LabCorp to run the Gliadin Antibody test after eating pizzas for 3 weeks. I bet I could knock out half the people here in one swoop by finally showing them that their problem is intestinal-related. Unfortunately you will find that nobody here wants to bother with all that nonsense. I guess its easier to be miserable and terrified?

-B-

If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Dutchess on January 9th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Id believe the intestinal issues and be willing to take the test . I have had so much abdominal surgery on my gut from my gall bladder on down its not even REAL. I have several fairly difficult digestive system diseases .
So many surgeries , I am not sure how many anymore .
I have had lifelong digestive system problems and have been twitching 43 of my 53 years . So that is definitely something new to think of .. as far as aspartame,it makes me so ill I cannot ingest it at all . Now saccharine yes . I think I have only been able to drink sweet iced tea ( decaff but still ) with Sweet N low since it came out !
BFS since 1972 age 10 : Twitching every single day somewhere ever since.
Appear to have inherited it from my father and have now learned that 3 of my 6 kids have it . It drives them nuts TOO!!
Dutchess
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management