three hot spots on one hand -- losing it

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

three hot spots on one hand -- losing it

Postby speg on August 5th, 2004, 6:09 pm

I have developed three hot spots on one hand. Can this happen in BFS? I have a little twitch going on the base of my thumb near the fleshy part, a big one going on the top of my hand that makes my index finger move, and a contraction thing going on at the side of my palm between the pinkie and the wrist. All three are constant.

This hand fear has been esculating over a few days, and each day a new twitch has emerged. All because I read something about hand atrophy on this site.

I have no weakness in my hand. I have had more than one place twitch on my leg, but this is scary.

My neuro appointment is in one week, but I can't call tomorrow for a cancellation because I have a MAJOR job interview.

PLEASE someone tell me this can happen in BFS. Multiple places in one area at once. Please tell me hand twitches are common. PLEASE tell me ALS would not likely jump from left calf to right hand. PLEASE!!! I am so scared right now.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby homer8 on August 5th, 2004, 6:28 pm

Hey Peg,

I've had 2 going at the same time...but never 3. This first happened to me around a month ago. My index finger would move every 2 - 4 seconds. It really flipped me out! It lasted about 24 hours than quit for a week. When it started back up I had 2 muscles in my hand going...very disquieting. All I can say is try to relax and don't sleep with your hands behind your head as it tends to make your hands go numb.

Hang in there.....it will pass.

Paul
homer8

Postby Floater on August 5th, 2004, 7:12 pm

yes this can happen with bfs..if you stop the stress on the hand it will eventually subside. :)
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Stephanie on August 5th, 2004, 9:00 pm

Yes, I've had several places twitch at once. Yesterday I had at least 20 spots going on my shoulders upper/lower back and legs/feet at the same time. Real fun. Today it was a few here then a few there.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby speg on September 8th, 2004, 5:39 pm

2 of the 3 right hand twitches are back. Can hot spots go away and reappear a month later? I did alot of cutting and pasting today on the computer with the mouse. Can stress trigger it?

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Peg

Postby Katie on September 8th, 2004, 7:12 pm

Hi Peg,

Interesting how all of this started after you read an article. Not too long ago, I read an article about a young woman in her 30's who got ALS. I got freaked out. Wouldn't you know, I was twitching all over that night, for about a week. My twitching reached a new level that week.

I've had lots of hand twitching; sounds like yours will eventually calm down. I remember being at a meeting last year and my finger started twitching -- noticeably -- so I ended up sitting on my hand for the meeting. It really scared me.

Truth is, sometimes I'm scared about this stuff and sometimes I'm not. There's no question it can be scary, that's why we're all here for support at those times.

Hang in there; I'm sure it will get better soon. The article, plus the job interview .. lots going on there.

Kate
Katie
Katie

Postby Ava on September 8th, 2004, 8:50 pm

Peg,

Are you taking Klonopin? If so, maybe an increased dose is in order for a few days. If not, maybe it will help with the hand twitching. Hand twitch is common - I've get them in both hands every day - not constantly but certainly frequently.

Klonopin really helped me when I had a persistent hand twitch.

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management