Page 3 of 4

Re: BFS or Candidias?

PostPosted: May 21st, 2014, 8:21 pm
by SecretAgentMan
Dennis_dw wrote:I really don't believe in these kinds of things, but I do want to give it a try if i don't find anything else. What do you recommend?


Belief is something that usually follows either observation or experience. Experience is far more powerful than just observation, but both do the trick. We learn a great deal through observation alone. We learn in school this way. We learn a great deal from others this way. Let me ask you though what are the most powerful lessons in life that you have ever learned? I'd be willing to bet you a steak dinner that they are from your personal first-hand experiences. People give good advice all the time, but until we learn the hard way by making our own mistakes, that advice is not usually valued as much as it should be. Look back at the hard lessons you have learned in life and you should be able to understand what I mean.

Have you ever seen the movie 'Good Will Hunting'? There's a scene where Robbin Williams talks to Matt Damon about the difference between our knowledge gained by personal experiences vs. our knowledge gained through observation/reading. Here is the scene on youtube if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-gZintWDc

A little dramatic for what we are talking about here, but I thought it was a good illustration of the difference. Things that we experience first hand are so much more powerful in shaping our lives and our belief systems than things that we read or see. It is one thing to read up on the concept of something like remote viewing, but it is a skill we all have the potential to do. I saw the movie 'The Men Who Stare at Goats' and was fascinated by the concept. I read books written by former remote viewers. I later decided to buy a book that teaches you how to do it. I read it twice before attempting my first practice session. Just as all the literature had suggested, I had a first-hand personal experience that showed be beyond a shadow of a doubt that I too had the potential, and I had some amazing results.

We are all free to believe what we choose to believe, but our choices have consequences as well. The vast majority of people live their lives completely unaware of the non-physical aspect of their being. We have debates between religion and science where people go back and forth posturing academic arguments. All the while there are tools such as RV available to give people first-hand experiences showing them that their mind is completely separate and distinct from their physical brain. Our thoughts are not just neurons firing inside of our heads. Our thoughts are things, and they have real influences on the physical universe, especially our physical health. There is a great deal of science to back this up, but it is pretty well buried or ignored. It is slowly but surely gaining in awareness though, which is how I stumbled upon all of this a few years ago. Wherever I could have a safe personal experience I did so. Keeping an open mind is crucial. We should not let others make our minds up for us. Seek personal experiences and make your mind up for yourself. The key is to always keep your mind open to new information that may come along, even after you thought you had it all figured out from the last experience.

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 21st, 2014, 11:26 pm
by Yuliasir
Dennis,
there is a thing called ortostatic hypotonia - this is when standing still from laying, sitting or bowed position you feel faint (or even may faint - as I did once in my childhood).
I was suffering that for all my childhood and young adult years till about 22 or 25. Weekly home cleaning which was my job since about 8, was a torture - when i had to get down to whash the floor, my eyesight was darkened, I had ringing sound in the ears ad even a pain in the diaphragm and generally felt like fainting.
I thought it was something NORMAL, and my parents were sure I am lazy girl becasue I hate cleaning due to those attacks but never complained (as I said, Ithought it is normal and everybody have it and I just have to keep up with that).

I have no idea why at 25 approx they disappeared (probably a childbirth helped, but really have no idea). I am 44 now and sometines seldom, especially in hot weather, I may have such attack again.

From what you say:
I remember allot of times when I needed to come home from school because I felt sick, I could never explain how I felt except for fatigue ,feeling faint , I was nervous and anxious without any reason at the same time I looked very calm, jerks (startled) as if someone , also seeing flickering lights. Mostly the feeling like I could fall down every second was what made me nervous.
looks like you have similar problem in your childhood and you still keep it in form of certain dysautonomia. Anxiety (feeling nervous) may be a side effect of transient ishemias, and you should not really look like an eel on the hot plate to feel anxious.

For me it looks like you have long term history of hyperexcited autonomous system (probably you were born with it), but as you can see, people may a) survive it b) get it waned and flared up again.
I have no idea if it is curable, but on my point of view (anxious disorder sufferer since 6 yo) if it makes your life so hard, it is worth to talk to neurologist suggesting any means to calm autonomous system dowm. You can not control it consciously unfortunately so you need to work out a certain strategy. There are many new pharamcological ways emerging in the field of K-channeks blockers or modulators, some of them seem to be very efficient in treatment of anxiety and other unpleasant symptomes associated with autonomous disfunction...So I suggest just discuss this, not mysterious MND you may suffer.

From what you say you definitely seem to have transient ishemias affecting all the body from peripheric vessels to the brain, and of course this does not help to live a good life, so ask if there is a way to spot them or if there is a way to cope with that. People with panick attacks and chronic migraines seem to have similar physical background uder their suffering but PAs are treatable (migraines are less treatable but still there are meds like sumatriptanes to cut the attack), so maybe your condition would be treatable too. My advice woudlve to concentrate on that group of symptomes because they seem to be basic for you.

Beliefs

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 5:20 pm
by Dennis_dw
SecretAgentMan wrote:We are all free to believe what we choose to believe, but our choices have consequences as well. The vast majority of people live their lives completely unaware of the non-physical aspect of their being. We have debates between religion and science where people go back and forth posturing academic arguments. All the while there are tools such as RV available to give people first-hand experiences showing them that their mind is completely separate and distinct from their physical brain. Our thoughts are not just neurons firing inside of our heads. Our thoughts are things, and they have real influences on the physical universe, especially our physical health. There is a great deal of science to back this up, but it is pretty well buried or ignored. It is slowly but surely gaining in awareness though, which is how I stumbled upon all of this a few years ago. Wherever I could have a safe personal experience I did so. Keeping an open mind is crucial. We should not let others make our minds up for us. Seek personal experiences and make your mind up for yourself. The key is to always keep your mind open to new information that may come along, even after you thought you had it all figured out from the last experience.


Well I also think that everyone has the right to believe what they want religiously speaking, but people tend to claim to have a patent on the truth. There is a majority of people who get there strength out of religion and i am happy for them, but i just don't believe it. I think that it's good for many people because it keeps them from doing bad things. But I think everyone with a good conscious and a sense of empathy should be able to decide for himself whats good and whats bad, not because some old book tells them too. There is nothing wrong with religious people as long as they don't try to force it on me. I only believed in god until i was 8 even tough I went to catholic school my whole life. I don't believe in a god or a soul or heaven, and i am 100% sure i never will. Everyone is free to believe what he likes as long as it does not hurt himself or others in my opinion.

About the non-physical aspect you speak of, I just think the brain is something very complex thing. That things that play in your consciousness indeed have a huge impact on your body. And i am convinced that my problems are not psychological but that i just have a faulty brain/body.

I am still 90% sure that there is something wrong something that is not working properly. I don't mean to be offensive in anything I say but I don't believe in all these alternative solutions. I am sure that there is something seriously wrong but I still don't have a clue what... It could be anything: My brain that doesn't release enough dopamine, serotonin, much adrenaline or that some other part of my body that is self controlling that doesn't do its job. Not stress or worrying because I've had this several periods when I was in a right mindset, periods where I had any reason to be happy and I didn't worry about my health.

The only thing that I really really do believe is: That it's just bad luck that my mind is trapped in this faulty body, with a condition that in this age is very hard to find or yet to be found.

I know you are trying to help, if I don't find any diagnose/solution i might try other things. But right now i am just not open to for it.

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 1:28 pm
by Dennis_dw
Yuliasir wrote:Dennis,
there is a thing called ortostatic hypotonia - this is when standing still from laying, sitting or bowed position you feel faint (or even may faint - as I did once in my childhood).
I was suffering that for all my childhood and young adult years till about 22 or 25. Weekly home cleaning which was my job since about 8, was a torture - when i had to get down to whash the floor, my eyesight was darkened, I had ringing sound in the ears ad even a pain in the diaphragm and generally felt like fainting.
I thought it was something NORMAL, and my parents were sure I am lazy girl becasue I hate cleaning due to those attacks but never complained (as I said, Ithought it is normal and everybody have it and I just have to keep up with that).


About the Orthostatic hypotension that seems about right what you describe, but I also get them when I am just standing while just standing or sitting down when I am not moving. It's not only when i stand up because i guess everyone has that. Since you say that you had to go down to wash the flour, I get them while already standing or sitting.

From the wikipedia page i found these symtoms: Dizziness, distortions in hearing (ringing), lightheaded, nausea, Headache, temporary decrease in hearing, blurred or dimmed vision (possibly to the point of momentary blindness), Generalized (or extremity) numbness/tingling. I am not sure what seizures are tough. By the way i have never ever actually fainted.

Causes: Diabetes, Dysautonomia, Parkinson's disease, Atherosclerosis, MSA, EDS, dopamine beta hydroxylase deficiency, Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak, B12 deficiency, side effect from antidepressants and marijuana.

I think dopamine deficiency seems to be the most likely one since I've had these all my life, also its a weird coincidence that it says that marijuana also causes this. Since like i said the most serious period was when i smoked for a long period of time 5 years ago. That is the only time i experienced temporarily blindness among all the other symptoms. The first time I ever had the uncontrollable shaking while not being sick and feeling well was when I took MDMA (XTC) 2 or 3 weeks in a row, which of course also depletes serotonin & dopamine. When I search for restless leg syndrome I also find that it could be connected with low dopamine levels.

Yuliasir wrote:I have no idea why at 25 approx they disappeared (probably a childbirth helped, but really have no idea). I am 44 now and sometines seldom, especially in hot weather, I may have such attack again.


My mother also said she had similar symptoms around my birth, that they tested her for diabetes a few times while she was shivering, peeing allot, having cold etc... Even took blood when it was happening and they never found anything. She said it went away after that and that she now knows that she has an allergy for oranges. That sometimes when she digests something with oranges she gets it again, tough sometimes it does nothing at all.

Yuliasir wrote:looks like you have similar problem in your childhood and you still keep it in form of certain dysautonomia. Anxiety (feeling nervous) may be a side effect of transient ishemias, and you should not really look like an eel on the hot plate to feel anxious.

For me it looks like you have long term history of hyperexcited autonomous system (probably you were born with it), but as you can see, people may a) survive it b) get it waned and flared up again.
I have no idea if it is curable, but on my point of view (anxious disorder sufferer since 6 yo) if it makes your life so hard, it is worth to talk to neurologist suggesting any means to calm autonomous system dowm. You can not control it consciously unfortunately so you need to work out a certain strategy. There are many new pharamcological ways emerging in the field of K-channeks blockers or modulators, some of them seem to be very efficient in treatment of anxiety and other unpleasant symptomes associated with autonomous disfunction...So I suggest just discuss this, not mysterious MND you may suffer.

From what you say you definitely seem to have transient ishemias affecting all the body from peripheric vessels to the brain, and of course this does not help to live a good life, so ask if there is a way to spot them or if there is a way to cope with that. People with panick attacks and chronic migraines seem to have similar physical background uder their suffering but PAs are treatable (migraines are less treatable but still there are meds like sumatriptanes to cut the attack), so maybe your condition would be treatable too. My advice woudlve to concentrate on that group of symptomes because they seem to be basic for you.



Well the Transient ischemic attack (TIA) Attacks are certainly not something you want to Google for a long period of time. :P From what i read about it its mostly caused by a blood clot or vain plaque, but in my case it would be by something neurological then most probably?

As for the migraine attacks they always come with aura's. Otherwise its hard to tell migraine apart from normal headaches, I usually know its migraine because I start having fasiculations and musclepain in random parts of my body. I also had these fasiculations during migraine when i didn't have BFS years ago.

I am going to make an appointment with a really good neurologist in Brussels. the thing is you's only there for 15min and if I need to tell him all my symptoms and history I would need hours... And if i only tell him the key things he will probably say: Axiety (hypochondria) or hyperventilation again. So what do I tell him? From as soon as i am going to start making assumptions he is going to think i am crazy.

I also think that i am going to make a day journal for a while, like today I had a lot of mild hart cramps along with little shocks. 2 days ago I had like 5 hypnic jerks when i tried to go to sleep. Yesterday I felt like i could fall dead any second and a few shocks like an EMG in my neck or head. I wouldn't be surprised if i got a migraine aura or something like that tomorrow.

Wednesday I tried to go climbing, after 2 or 3 routes I had to stop because i was sweating like a pig, shaking, nervous, i couldn't even concentrate and listen to someone so i went home. The same day i had like a throat spasm or something that feels like that...

So what test do i do? I suppose there is no way to test my serotonin and dopamine? Just explain all of this to a neurologist?


Thanks again guys!

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 2:20 pm
by Yuliasir
I am not sure about serotonine/dopamine tests as in fact the level in the serum should vary during the day... and I am not sure if the tests will show what happens in the brain - you may have enough level in the serum but low amount of receptors for example so your body may be 'blind' to those mediators (like it is 'blind' to insulin in certain types of diabetes), or vice versa you may have extra receptors so you are oversensitive then but I am not sure someone would order a brain hystology or biopsy to check if there is everything Ok with your receptors. This is usually judged on the basis of nondirect evidences :))
but anyway I am not a doctor so you may ask of course if there are good tests to see qhst is your neuromediators' status.
Just tell what you write I think - that you have fainting feeling, strange spasms of peripheral vessels, unexplained nervousiness, alot of vague symptomes without any significant clinical changes in the blood biochemistry (you may take yout tests results with you if available), etc. Believe me those disorders are known in medical community and the only trouble is that there is no magic pill to treat them...

have a good luck with your neuro visit.

my best regards
Yulia

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 11:34 am
by Dennis_dw
I have an apointment this friday with a neurologist with a great reputation, I'm supprised that it doesnt the take 3 weeks like normally.

I went to my old dokter today because I didn't go to work Saturday and needed a medical certificate. I told him that i had Hypnic Jerks or apnea's every 10 min when i went to sleep for hours untill I just wake up.

And that i have feeling like somone turns my head off for a second. (brainzaps) he perscribed me serlain because he still thinks my symptoms are from a SSRI discontinuation syndrome, the problem is when I start taking this I can't stop taking it for at least 6 months. The fist time when i took anti depressants (paroxetine) I had some enoying side affect... And it didn't help at all so i am not sure whether i should start taking them or not.

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 27th, 2014, 7:01 am
by Yuliasir
discussion is a key action in that situation. do not accept the meds as the doctor prescribes them, but ask - tell your story, talk about side efects, ask if you can address him (or her) during initial 3-4 weeks (as SSRI are known to have black period), ask about diet as SSRI may need dietary limitation in order to avoid serotonine syndrome etc.

Re: Beliefs

PostPosted: May 28th, 2014, 8:48 pm
by SecretAgentMan
Dennis_dw wrote:I don't mean to be offensive in anything I say but I don't believe in all these alternative solutions. I am sure that there is something seriously wrong but I still don't have a clue what... It could be anything


You were not offensive at all, and thank you for that. I hope you don't think I was trying to get religious. I do get spiritual, but in a non-denominational fashion. I leave people to their own structure of relating to spirituality, but I do go that direction generically. I am just trying to help by offering my perspective for consideration.

Before leaving this thread respectfully I do want to say thing though. It is not to challenge you from an aspect of being right or wrong. It is more to challenge your mindset to get you thinking critically. We can all fall prey to the comfort of our ways of thinking, myself included. Sometimes another perspective is just what I need to see things in a new light.

In your comment above you mention that you have no clue what is wrong and that it could be anything. In the very same statement you say that you don't believe in all these alternative solutions. My question is this. If you do not know for certain what is wrong, how can you write off avenues of approach that may potentially lead you to the answer you seek? You say you do not believe in alternative solutions, but you may want to really ask yourself why this is. Is it because you have had first hand experience with them and they did not work? This would be the best reason to not believe they work. Is it because you cannot fathom how they would work based on your current worldview or belief system? Is it because you might not want to believe in them because of what it might mean if they did work? These are questions that only you can answer for yourself. I nor anyone else can tell you what to think or believe. All we can do is interject our own opinions, etc. Like I said though, this is purely intended to get you thinking and nothing more. I get a full nights sleep whether people agree with me or not. I learned long ago not to emotionally invest in whether or not people agreed with me and it was a great achievement for me.

I truly hope you find the answers you seek. I know the answers I was seeking were nowhere near where I thought they would be. The answers we seek not seek approval from our notions of what we are willing to accept and not accept. what is simply is. It is up to us to open our minds and seek the truth wherever it may be, even if it turns our world upside down. I'm not saying that it has to, but what I am saying is that if you really want to find the truth, you cannot put conditions up on where you are willing to look for it. If you do, you risk walling off your only avenue to finding the truth. Just realize this going forward. Good luck.

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: May 30th, 2014, 4:44 am
by ag2002
Dennis,

It is obvious that you are stressed by the comments you have made. What are your options? To continue searching for the silver bullet that will solve all of these physical problems? Continue chasing that elusive cure. It seems like you have chased that elusive cure through many avenues, internet research, and doctor visits. Has that route been fruitful thus far? I am going to suggest that instead of focusing on what is wrong with you physically to instead passively accept your symptoms (this can be hard). Concentrate instead on improving your overall health. We are more than just our physical bodies. You can take a holistic approach and work on yourself emotionally, spiritually, physically, and mentally. I am not saying to just think positive thoughts and pretend that everything is alright. You would be lying to yourself. However, you can think of things in a more helpful way. You talked about rock climbing, sky diving, only getting 4 hours of sleep a night and different changes in your life. All of those are stressors. You may get a rush from sky diving and it maybe something that you enjoy. But, it still creates stress hormones in your body. I just began reading a book called Taking charge of your emotions by Dr. Linda Solie. Also don't forget to look into anxietycentre.com. I think you would find both helpful. Hope you begin thinking and feeling better. Praying for you. God bless.

Jerad

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 7:52 pm
by Dennis_dw
I agree that I might have some stress but who doesn't, and you’re right learning to live with it seems like it’s going to be the only option soon.

Still I have been bouldering (climbing) indoor for years now. I really love it! The people are all laid back friendly and there’s an overall good vibe there. I’d used to go 3 or 4 times in a week for hours a time but I just can’t anymore, my body won’t let me I never know what it is going to be. I've been thinking the last few months: Ok we will just go and see what today brings if it’s a bad day I will try again tomorrow. After a while you start going less because chances are that it is not going to go well anyway. You see people who had the same level climb way better… I’d go there and people know that I am a decent climber and they see me climbing 3 grades less than usual shaking every step I take and I can’t hold the blocks. Not because I am anxious but because I just don’t have the power.

Then I get questions like: Had a heavy weekend? Sweating the alcohol out?... While i had been resting the days before.

I convince myself to go even if I feel bad when actually I feel like I need to go lie down because I have 0% energy. To realize most of the time that my climbing grade dropped and need to take a break twice as long as I actually climb.

This is just an example, I haven’t gone skydiving for a few months and rock climbing for a few weeks. It is true that they give stress hormones I seriously doubt that it is the cause of my problems. If so you could start blaming everything. I know stress is one of the biggest triggers for BFS etc. So I won’t deny that it has a big impact on whatever I have, but I really get the feeling like it is a standard to say: we don’t know what is causing your problems it has to be stress for sure.

So what are my options here?
1) Keep going to get disappointed every time, fooling myself that it will go better after a while.
2) Accept that I am 24 and can’t do this sport anymore and lie on my sofa and watch tv every day.
3) Search for the cause, so I might take some medication that could help me.

The reason I only get 4 hours of sleep is because I am shaking and I am getting jerks and I get nervous because of them. Some nights I fall asleep like a rose and sleep 10 hours a night, some nights I could try for hours and only get 4 hours of sleep. While nothing changed at all. I try to stay positive, I have allot of fun with my friends mostly I am optimistic when I am around people. It feels like every day is a lottery with a small chance of having a day where I don’t feel like a dishcloth.

Because off all this randomness I don’t think that this is stress or anxiety, I am not depressed or afraid to do things. I am beginning to feel sad an frustrated because I am having a hard time living a normal live. I just don’t know what to think anymore. But if they don't find anything It looks like I have no choice :)

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 6:47 am
by SecretAgentMan
Dennis,

Perhaps try shifting your activities to better suit your current condition. You still need an outlet for your stress, especially under your circumstances now with health concerns. If you do not have the strength or energy to do the more extreme things you are used to, perhaps you need to dial it back and try some new activities. Do you like nature walks? They can be a great way to escape everyday busy modern life while quieting and calming the mind. Have you ever tried yoga? Some people have overcome some pretty amazing health challenges through yoga (meditation in motion). Here's a video with one such example that I hop you take the time to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

I would also recommend you start trying meditation or self hypnosis on a regular basis. Not only is it a great way to quiet/calm the mind and body, but it has also been proven to change the physical expression of our genes. Multiple studies are being published on this subject. What have you got to lose? Anyway, just a suggestion.

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 5th, 2014, 6:33 pm
by Dennis_dw
SecretAgentMan wrote:Dennis,

Perhaps try shifting your activities to better suit your current condition. You still need an outlet for your stress, especially under your circumstances now with health concerns. If you do not have the strength or energy to do the more extreme things you are used to, perhaps you need to dial it back and try some new activities. Do you like nature walks? They can be a great way to escape everyday busy modern life while quieting and calming the mind. Have you ever tried yoga? Some people have overcome some pretty amazing health challenges through yoga (meditation in motion). Here's a video with one such example that I hop you take the time to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

I would also recommend you start trying meditation or self hypnosis on a regular basis. Not only is it a great way to quiet/calm the mind and body, but it has also been proven to change the physical expression of our genes. Multiple studies are being published on this subject. What have you got to lose? Anyway, just a suggestion.


Thanks for the link this guy is determent alright! :D

I used to do forest walks allot a few years ago with the 16yr old dog when i lived with my parents, I put all the new music I discovered that week on my MP3 player and followed the dog for hours until it was tired of walking and showed me the way back home.

I am doing my last week at work. Afterwards I am going to try and to a lot of fun non stress things, I also am going to a festival in Hungary with a lot of ambient/chill out music there are a lot of yoga and mindful fullness practices. (S.U.N festival) I am certainly going to try those things I think relaxation is really helpful and training your mind to let go of stress, most of my life electronic music has been very helpful for me something that drives me. Mostly complex music with a lot of power but since I've felt so fatigue I've learned to appreciate softer kinds of music. It can do both thinks: Make you focused on the music itself so that you forget everything else, or get you in a relaxed thinking trance.

I really look forward to the experience I've never did a chill out festival before, I think some time away from all the obligations in a friendly spiritual modern hippy environment would do me some good haha :P

Some music examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQjove0nzss, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd0sHifpzIk

S.U.N Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx-fNyLIlw

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 3:46 pm
by Dennis_dw
Actually I climbed the day I wrote the previous post and it went really well, and climbed again Tuesday it was the best day I've had for a long time. I was really tired both times still when I try to go to sleep I jolt awake gasping for air even tough I am sure I was not hyperventilating but breathing normal before. So it might be a sleep apnea? That would explain why I have big eye bags since i was like 10 and I am never rested.

I went orthodontist and a jawbone surgeon a few weeks back because i have a gap between my top front teeth and i have been insecure about it for a while. They told me that my jawbone is to short that my chin should be 1cm further but that my teeth all fit perfectly on top of each other. That they could clear the gap between my teeth in about 4 months and break my chin and put it a little forward about 5mm. Or put my chin forward 5mm and then break my chin and put that 5mm forward as well. Then pull my teeth back and have braces for 2 years.

Now that I Googled for sleep apnea's I fit like all the symptoms, I had my tonsils removed when i was very young, my jaw is very short and I've felt like my throat was stuck/blocked when i woke up many times gasping for air. So now I am wondering if I should do a sleep test to make sure. because if they are going to put my chin 5mm forward, then come to the conclusion that they would need to put my whole jaw 1cm forward because to solve the apneas that would be awful :p I didn't know about this before I made the appointment and they are already going to put my chin forward the 16th.

I also had my tong band removed because it my tongue was to short I asked the jaw surgeon if it could have been linked. He said that my whole under jaw was underdeveloped, on the NMR the neuro took a while back they also saw that my septum Is crooked. So maybe It is just that i not get enough air at night...

But these again are a lot of if's and maybe's :p

These two examples look the same as what i experience but it feels like its both my heart and breathing so maybe it is a anxiety disorder after all who knows.

https://www.myptsd.com/c/threads/feels- ... ing.25026/
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=41708.0

Anyway I could ask before they do the procedure.


Also a stupid unrelated question: If you stick your tongue out the furthest you can then pull it back do your botom teeth also stand 1cm over your top teeth, so in other words you you move your jaw forward then? :D

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 9:18 pm
by muppetdog
Also a stupid unrelated question: If you stick your tongue out the furthest you can then pull it back do your botom teeth also stand 1cm over your top teeth, so in other words you you move your jaw forward then? :D


Min was only like 2 mm. What a strange question :)

So, before you go into too many crazy jaw breaking surgeries, you might want to have a sleep study done to see if you even have sleep apnea. I have never heard of anyone curing sleep apnea with jaw readjustments.That just sounds strange.

Also, if you sleep on your back you can wake yourself up easier.

I use to have those jerks (myoclonic) before I went to sleep for months and months. It was unbelievable there for a while. It slowly faded away. I know that benzos helped me sleep better at first but then really messed with my sleep and would make my symptoms horrible in between doses. They have been proven to deprive you of deep stage 4 sleep, anyway. Google it.

Have you tried to cut down on caffeine? Have you tried all the sleep hygiene stuff? Google it.

Okay, good luck

Re: What could this be?

PostPosted: June 7th, 2014, 3:17 pm
by ag2002
If it is truly sleep apnea, I would think they would try using a cpap machine first before doing surgery. Cpap is standard for sleep apnea patients. I am a paramedic and have seen it work wonders for congestive heart failure and sleep apnea. Cpap stands for continuous positive airway pressure.