Dealing with anxiety

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Dealing with anxiety

Postby Kev74 on December 19th, 2013, 8:38 pm

When I started twitching almost 2 years ago now I developed horrible health anxiety, I felt like I was turning into a hypochondriac. It was something new for me, because I never gave a second thought about my health before. You would think I would have a grasp on it by now, but I'm still having health anxieties, not all related to twitching. I've been to the doctors around a dozen times in the last two years and they have yet to find something wrong. Still I dread I having some serious illness. I'm not sure how to cope with it, except let it pass until the next time. :(
Kev74

Re: Dealing with anxiety

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 19th, 2013, 9:02 pm

I started out seeing a hypnotherapist for a session and then moved on to self hypnosis. Eventually I transitioned to meditation. It took a little time, hard work, and dedication to turn the anxiety around but it forever changed my life for the better. No more health anxiety.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: Dealing with anxiety

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management