Twitching has been Healed

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching has been Healed

Postby happy on July 8th, 2004, 11:45 am

Hi All,

I just stumbled across this website by accident recently but felt I had to share my experience. I had fasciculations for 5 years which started after a very stressful period in my life. Over these years I have tried many things; accupuncture, supplements, naturopaths, chiroprators, paxil, herbs etc...... Nothing in particular really worked. The only thing that helped was yoga and meditation. Then I started asking why? I believe all this was caused by a build up of negative energy which stores in your body, ie; nervous system, cells etc. The real triggers For me were anxiety which has been proven to make your cells irritable. The body actually learns to react in a negative, irritable way. It takes a very long time to reverse it but with work and can be done. Here are some recommendations that worked for me;

meditation- calms the mind; therefore calms the cells
yoga- actually releases stored negative energy in the body, research it!
counselling- find the real culprit through self awareness, thoughts, emotions, & memories. These carry with them much energy. If not felt & dealt with these "things" can store in the body as negative energy.

Note; I do believe drugs are neccessary sometimes; however, should only be used for a short period of time to help the individual get through the really hard times. Just remember drugs only cover up the symptoms, the do not heal the problem at the root.
happy

Postby Dale on July 9th, 2004, 10:31 am

Personally, I have never asked "why". I am thrilled just knowing it is a benign condition.

That being said, I do agree with your suggestions to help relieve the twitching. I have tried & continue to practice some of the techniques myself.

I believe the Neuro's could help out much more. How? By having a rather large rubber mallet in their office which they would gently tap on the patients head while repeating the phrase, "YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS, YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS..."

It always blows me away when I read of people who continue to doubt after several trips to a Doctor's office. Until they accept the diagnosis, all the yoga & meditation in the world won't help.

Congratulations on getting your twitching under control & thanks for sharing your suggestions with the group.

db
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TheyDon'tBelieveMe on July 10th, 2004, 4:15 pm

> It always blows me away when I read of
> people who continue to doubt after several
> trips to a Doctor's office.

Perhaps they have reason to doubt. Doctors ignore symptoms. They're looking only for signs. So when a patient complains of symptoms and the doctor does not consider those symptoms in her diagnosis, then the patient has a very good reason to doubt the accuracy of the diagnosis. In such cases, only time will tell.

That said, I agree with you that most here who refuse to believe the BFS diagnosis clearly have some severe anxiety issues. But lets not paint with a broad brush and incorrectly assume that everyone who doesn't believe his or her doctor is irrational.
TheyDon'tBelieveMe

Postby happy on July 11th, 2004, 7:51 am

I agree with you both. Acceptance is very important to any misfortune, whether it is a loss in the family, or a bad diagnosis. Until you achieve "acceptance" the individual will most definitely continue to suffer. This is not to downplay anyones pain & suffering........believe me I have been there, much pain & suffering.

One day however, I said to myself; today I am going to try to ignore these twitchings. It was hard but with effort each day, it became easier and easier. However, I believe I was using the focus on the twitchings to avoid reality. Sometimes to avoid emotional pain the mind directs the energy to the body to create a distraction.

This view on twitching may sound odd to some people but I truely believe once you have the diagnosis of BFS its time to start working with some psychological issues. Many people won't do it because of fear.....because they want to avoid reality....Whether consciously or unconsciously. This is where a good therapist can help tremendously.
happy

Postby DrivinMeCrazy on July 15th, 2004, 10:51 pm

im glad i found this forum today. When I was a child, i was emotionally, sexually and physically abused. I've never seen a shrink, and all those "hurts" have been inside me still. All this negative energy, I can even feel the negativity from within me.

A few months ago, I started getting twitches. I thought i had als. My DR thought i was crazy, i think. I had to EMG test that came out fine.

Could my negativity really be doing this to me? I think it is, now after reading what you wrote. May I ask what kind of therapy you got?
DrivinMeCrazy

Postby happy on July 18th, 2004, 10:28 am

I sympathize deeply with your situation.

I went and saw a psychologist. He was excellent. A good therapists allows you to see & use the wisdom & power you already have within yourself.

One thing I learned is that in order to heal this negative energy, & past pain you must immerse yourself more deeply into it. Feel it with your whole body......all the fear, anger, hatred and guilt. Cry if you want to, scream too. Let it all out! Deal with it.....because if you don't it will remain submersed in your mind & body & healing will not happen.

The key to remember is that we all have the power get through the hard things in life.
happy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management