BFS and Leg Pain...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: BFS and Leg Pain...

Postby Amylou29 on March 28th, 2014, 12:17 pm

It's quite common I think amongst people with BFS, mine definitely isn't from the cold, I'm very active and still have it.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Xina535 on March 28th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Hi All, I thought I would reply to let you know that an orthopedic doctor checked out my leg pain and guess what - although I dont have any back pain, it's coming from my lumbar spine (he diagnosed me with Lumbar Spondylosis). I never would have thought that! My left thigh was in so much pain. At first, it came and went, but it was always there (never completely went away) and over time, it became hard and stiff, especially on the outer side. It spasmed, twitched (of course), pulsated with pain to the point I couldn't take it. He shot me with lidocain in my lower back (which was the relief I needed so bad!). I got a back brace to wear across my abdomen and some physio treatments like electric stim and hydro bed massage.

Guess what? almost all pain is gone! So he has to be right.

I am due for real physiotherapy treatment (traction) soon and an X-rax to confirm if Spondylosis or herniated disk - or something else. Which will determine further or different treatment. I thought I would mention this because I never ever thought that my leg pain could be from my back. He said the nerve is cut off or irritated at a certain point in my lower back, but the pain is experienced in my buttock and thigh. Maybe you could ask your doctors about this possibility.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby ShawnW on March 28th, 2014, 2:11 pm

I'm glad you have your answer Xina.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Xina535 on March 28th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Has anyone had their backs/spines checked out, or been to an orthopedic? I recommend it, there could be something going on there. I would think too if you have pain twinges, that are sharp or electric feeling, they could be due to a compressed/irritated nerve. If not, an orthopedic doc may be able to help determine myofascial issues.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management