Back Pain and walking problems - IM I ALONE

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back Pain and walking problems - IM I ALONE

Postby desbanks on May 21st, 2013, 10:37 am

Does any one suffer from this as well

When I walk I dont seem to be able to control the rhythm and it gets thrown out of sync and this gets followed with:
1) Sever Lower back pain
2) Dizziness
3) Confusion
4) some kind of dull pressure in my back

I thought it might be Parkinsons, since i have this plus all the other BFS symptoms, GOD this is killin

Any one experiencing the same thing?
desbanks
Interested
Interested

Re: Back Pain and walking problems - IM I ALONE

Postby Yuliasir on May 21st, 2013, 1:01 pm

why it should be parkinson, it is rather compression in your back... it causes same symptomes...
have you ever checked your back with the orthopedic doctor or with MRI?

I have a friend who got 2 back surgeries becasue of complete loss of cartialge in one point... she also was limping, losing walking rythm and having extreme pain. parkinson usually does not involve pain as far as I know.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby desbanks on May 21st, 2013, 2:24 pm

Thanks Yulisa, your feedback is greatly appreciated

I also suffer from scoliosis, which compounds the situation. i now sleep on the floor as well bcos my mattress was so soft.... good god
desbanks
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on May 21st, 2013, 2:40 pm

Oh then you may be sure it adds alot to your back pain and leg troubles.

i spent 14 years on hard bed because of scoliosis and I was used to make fun of my schoolmates who went to me and sit down onto ny sofa expecting soft one - BOOOM!

As a fellow scoliotic, I would suggest immeadiately ask for xray or MRi becasue if you already have severe pains and suffer from walk instability, it would not become better just by itself, like flu...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyMark on May 29th, 2013, 7:53 pm

I went through a period of what felt like spasticity and/or myelopathy in my legs. I had trouble walking up stairs at times and just felt weak and off balance. I've had lumbar and newly discovered cervical disc degeneration but nothing indicating notable stenosis (spinal cord compression) that would show up in both my legs. The symptoms were transient but certainly scary at the time. The low back stuff sounds like a lumbar strain or disc herniation irritating your sciatic nerve. Do you have any numbness and tingling down one leg or even into your foot?

Mark
TwitchyMark

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management