Page 1 of 1

Anybody heard of hydrogen peroxide treatment?

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 9:04 am
by ag2002
I know this sounds to good to be true, but it does sound very interesting. With all the talk of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and protazoa leading to autoimmune disease or just disease in general, this might possibly have some merit. Basically, it is using food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide to flood the body's cells with oxygen. The theory goes that in the presence of an abundant supply of oxygen most of these pathogens cannot live. So it helps the body heal itself. Anyone heard of or used this. I posted a couple of links to a book written on it and some commentary from a radio talk show host here is the USA. ... ewpoints=0

Re: Anybody heard of hydrogen peroxide treatment?

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 2:53 pm
by aztwitchy
sounds a bit strange....I'll let you go first and report back :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Anybody heard of hydrogen peroxide treatment?

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 3:55 pm
by Yuliasir
Holy crap, 35% hydroperoxide is quite a dangerous substance. And it releases free oxygen practically burning everything out. That is why i is a bleacher and not a component of oxygen coctails. It practically BURNS like sulphuric acid. 50 to 100 ml of 30 % hydrogen peroxide is a lethal dose (oral). Look in wikipedia for pictures of burns caused by H2O2 30 % if poured on fingers.
"Food grade" means it is used in food industry and not as a feedstuff.

My opinion is forget it.

Re: Anybody heard of hydrogen peroxide treatment?

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 11:04 pm
by Yuliasir
Oh read a bit and understand that they suggest to inhale it...that's of course better than try to drink :))) maximum you'd have dry nose and may lost your olphactory ability...

well, again, consideration number one is that you probably can inhale pure oxygen with the same result... but as you know, pure oxygen is a medically prescribed gas and should be used with care and only in case of really bad blood saturation.

consideration number two is that practically we have strong mechaisms in our tissues (and especially in the blood of course) to keep oxygen level within constant range. so unless you do not have respiratory troubles or problems with respiratory center in the brain, or certain ilnesses causing blood pH changes, then your blood gases are more or less constant. Here is better not to try to kill imaginated or real bacteria by extra oxygen but think anout hyperventilation which many of us have and correct it.

consideration number three is that even if you saturate your BLOOD with oxygen somehow to the level higher than usually, it would not help you against bacteria and viruses and protozoa too much. Why? Becasue free oxygen is not selective and would rather kill your blood and tissue cells than pathogenes just becasue the amount of your own substrate available is much higher. Oxigen does not 'think', it just oxidises everything. You might to think to breath chlorine for the same effect, really why not - we use chlorine for disinfection outside, why not to use it inside? However chlorine stinks of course...

And as far as I can understand, most of testimonies of benefactory influence of H2O2 are related to placebo effect, which is a good thing but might be acieved withour risk of oxygen burns in your nose (which by the way would increase a rate of respiratory diseases due to lack of natural mucous protection)