Swelling in hand

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Swelling in hand

Postby Edina26 on February 13th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Hy everyone so I've been to an neurologist he was really nice he didn't say anything accept that everything looks normal and he dosent see any weakness besides that I am telling him that my right hand it's weak ...he said to go back in a month and if I what to do and nerv test something like that ...now I still have pain wich is weird sometimes in one hand sometimes in both and it startes from the elbow down to my pinky finger but it's a shar pain I still have weakness but it's strange because one day I have weakness in right hand the ther day in the left ....so confusing now I noticed that my hand is swelling at my knuckles I don't know if I had that before or not but it's in both hands ....anyone experienced this ? Now I don't know if it's because the antibiotics or the pain or cipro I'm still googling but I didn't find anything . Now I don't know we're to go :( or should I trie and see if it goes away it is really hard day by day when u have something going on....before was my knees , now my hands ....i wonder when I will feel normal again...oh yes and I was having trouble with my speech but only when I was tinkling at my tongue if it's in the right place or not ....I hope it's anxiety ...I hope
Edina26

Re: Swelling in hand

Postby aztwitchy on February 13th, 2013, 11:21 pm

hi Edina...where you are describing I believe is your ulnar nerve...could be carpal tunnel...or some other kind of nerve irritation from the nerve in your elbow. Lots of people who have taken cipro have told stories of it messing up the nervous system so I wouldn't doubt that either....from the sounds of it give some time to heal and hopefully when you follow up with your doctor he will have some good advice. it could all be anxiety too ..i no longer put that out of the realm of possiblity for any problems...hope you get to feeling better.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on February 14th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I have had this happen to me with one finger, twice in the last year, without me injuring my fingers in any way. It's strange. I don't think it's related to BFS. In both cases, it went away in about a day or two.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Edina26 on February 14th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Thank u for your time and dor messages I was riding about ulner nerv and carpal tunel syndrome but still the pain that I have is not the whole not every day just comes and goes and still its very strange because everything happens after my cold and after all the medicine and then it's strange BC first were my feet ( knees) and now my elbows and lower arm and hand pain I cannot explain it to my self....and before this I was very very health no problems at all ..im thinking Mayabe all this medicine caused some autoimunr desses or its just I have lack of vitamins in my body ....or I will die:( its so strange but anyways thank u very much for your time I really really appreciate
Edina26

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management