PH and BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

PH and BFS

Postby John_JR on June 28th, 2004, 9:11 pm

PH as in body chemistry (acid or alkaline). I've been doing some reading of how different PH levels within the human body influence overall health and disease resistance.

The PH concept goes like this: the more alkaline you are the less risk of infection, disease, and even cancer! The more acid you are the unhealthier and at-risk you are. Food and minerals can shift your PH balance so watch what you eat. BTW, softdrinks are #1 in shifting you to the acid side!

If your BFS is like mine then you experience waxing and waning of the symptoms, right? Some days very little, some days popcorn twitches everywhere! It's really crazy. I've longed tried to link these good and bad days to something I eat or drink, trying to avoid them in the attempt to lessen the BFS. But no luck yet.

After reading a lot of info on PH levels, couple this with my theory that my BFS is disease related, I'm left wondering what my PH is during days of bad symptoms and days of very little symptoms? Might be worth getting a few PH test strips and keeping a log on this.

If at the very least it's worth looking into this PH concept as it might help improve overall health.
John R.
John_JR

Postby garym on June 30th, 2004, 1:49 pm

John,

I've ofter wondered whether ph could be a contributing factor to my problems. One of these days, i'm going to find some ph strips and find out. I have looked for them at the local drug stores without any luck.

Let me know if find any additional info.

Gary
garym

You CAN ORDER THEM!

Postby Jayel on June 30th, 2004, 10:21 pm

Gary-

I needed the strips once for a science class I was teaching. If you ask, the local pharmacy can order them for you. Keep us posted on the outcome, I just gave my strips away after having them sit unused--my luck!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

PH strip on the way.

Postby John_JR on July 1st, 2004, 2:36 am

Gary,

Actually I just ordered some strips today online. I wasn't sure of the range so I'm getting the 6.0-9.0 range that can test saliva or pee. I plan to test my PH levels during "good" BFS days and especially those "bad" BFS days. I'll be sure to post results here if there is a connection. I know, its a long-shot, but worth a try...
John R.
John_JR

PH strip on the way.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management