Why I don't congratulate anybody on their third, n-th EMG

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Why I don't congratulate anybody on their third, n-th EM

Postby jerry2 on February 19th, 2013, 6:59 am

Thanx for your experience. Seems like there are two excluding diseases: either you have ALS with no anxiety or you have twitching disease with anxiety.

I guess back twitching is not that uncommon, it is a problem because you can not see it (or a blessing, I don't know yet).

I guess your friend's problems were not twitching at all...
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on February 19th, 2013, 9:45 am

EMG's are almost always excessive and unecessary for people in this community. For someone with typical BFS story, to view a clean EMG as some sort of "phew, that was close" situation is a joke, so I don't congratulate either. If anything, I would find it appropriate to comment that I'm happy he/she has found some relief from anxiety. Unecessary EMG's are nothing more than anxiety treatment IMO.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on February 19th, 2013, 9:49 am

jerry2 wrote:I also agree with you fully. I've read hear about many people neuros want them to come back in 6 months and then again in 6 months... that is not reassuring, becuase this is making people believe twitching can go on for I don't know how many months before anything shows up. And to my knowledge, this is not the case at all..

Yes, I agree. My neuro asked me to come back in 6 months to "keep an eye on it". Thanks to this forum and the wealth of information and feedback from true experts I knew better. Never went back and beat this crap. Not going back was a big step in winning the battle for me.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on February 19th, 2013, 11:29 am

Johnny, I am glad once we agree ;-) I am also glad you beat this crap. I hope one day I will too. Now if I just imagine I go to neuro and show him my tremoring tongue when stick out of mouth and him saying: "Hm, I don't know, can be anything"... bah. (my tongue didn't tremor when stick out back when I went to neuro).

When will I beat it 100%? I guess when I wouldn't care if this thing on my back now if twitching, tingling or something else, that's when. And when I won't care about any new wierd symptom that happens to me.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on February 21st, 2013, 8:04 pm

jerry2 wrote:When will I beat it 100%? I guess when I wouldn't care if this thing on my back now if twitching, tingling or something else, that's when. And when I won't care about any new wierd symptom that happens to me.

Yes, you are 100% correct, Jerry. When you stop caring about this stuff, you beat it.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on February 22nd, 2013, 1:05 am

Even if it limit's you, you just don't care?
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby Scandinavian girl on April 22nd, 2013, 1:52 pm

I sounds to me you have come a LONG WAY Jerry, to truly accept and believe you do not have ALS. I now you have been very afraid of ALS, and I'm so glad to read you hare not any longer, and to not take pictures and stuff to try to evaluate the situation. Good job!! I have never thought ALS is the case, because of all the sensory symptoms and no obvious clincial weakness, and to be honest I find it strange that so many people in here obsess about ALS. I know that would be the scariest outcome, but there are SO MANY other deseases that fasciculations are a part of, and also in healthy people..fasciculations are not spesific of anything, think of it as a symptoms like pain..can be the case in so many deseases or without a desease..

I'm now under treatment for possible chronic Lyme (three diff ABs..) and soooo many people at Lyme forums have pictures like many of us in here..
And at MS forums...
And anxiety forums..
And ME/CFS/fibro forums..
And so on..

Well, I hope all in here can stop believing in having ALS, because that stress/anxiety will not help at all..easier said than done, I know, but still...
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management