Better with cofee alcohol and sugar ?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Better with cofee alcohol and sugar ?

Postby stephane28 on January 11th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Hey,
I decided to stop drinking any cofee for 2 months now and chocolate and sugar for 1 month without any result. Today I decided to take a good expresso with a sweet pain au chocolat and then had a good diner with good wine and food and I feel so much better tonight. Almost no twhitch for 2 hours now. It seems that my 24/7 hot spot in my left arm is giving me a break.
I heard many people on this board saying that quitting cofee helped them to lower their symptoms. That is obviously not my case. It is quite difficult for me to determine what is good and what is bad for my body since it takes weeks/months before getting any results, if any. And since BFS waxes and wanes, how can I know if the improvment I have is due to changes I made in my life or just to the waxing and waning nature of BFS?
stephane28
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Better with cofee alcohol and sugar ?

Postby aztwitchy on January 11th, 2013, 5:17 pm

that is exactly the most frustrating thing about BFS....its tough to know what helps or hurts. For me after having caffeine I am fine but a 4-5 hours after is when I pay the price and the day after...forget about it.

glad you got to enjoy your coffee ;) right there with you on the frustrations.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby carphia on January 11th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Looks like I'm in quite the similar situation as you.

I have also tried, unsuccessfully, to weed out caffeine and sugar out of my diet. Ironically, like you though, I experience a mass wave of fassics and sensory issues after one day without it. I am not a crazy coffee addict anyway, even before BFS I would only drink my morning cup of Joe, and that would be it for the day, so I'm not really experiencing any sort of "withdrawals". So to this day, I now stick to my morning coffee before I become completely disfunctional, and I don't notice a increase in twitches with it, rather a decrease actually. Hope this helps. :D
"Sometimes, that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management