Re: Gatorade

Postby chicagobfs on December 15th, 2012, 5:30 pm

It's like we need yet another neurological disorder
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on December 15th, 2012, 7:18 pm

The devil is in the details. Quantity related to damage, etc. Do the studies showing damage require an injected quantity equivalent to a gallon of pure brominated vegetable oil? Or is it in the quantities found in the actual drink. 99% of the time its the former, not the latter.

Either way, due to the insane amounts of sugar in Gatorade I switched to Pedialyte non flavored. And im sure there's something in that which will kill me too. Still stand by the fact that Gatorade singlehandedly reduced my twitching by 80%.

Probably best to put sodium in your water and eat a banana. My buddy who is an ER doctor suggests simply squeezing a lemon into your water. Not sure if that would be sufficient.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on December 16th, 2012, 12:06 am

how do i 'like' that style - 'it contains a bromine, and ingredient found in brominated flame retardands...' It is about to say - 'the parfumes contain indol, an ingredient which could be found in large quiantities in the stool' - which os 100% true but it does not mean that parfumes and the stool are even slightly the same things :))) By the way, indol is added to the parfumes for the same reason as (alledgely) that brominated oil - to make the aroma more stable. Pity is that I was not working in drinks industry (only in veg oils) and can not say nothing direct, but looking from the point that usually any oils (and even brominated, clorinated ot treated in other way) are not dissolved in water, even a slight amount of oil should be either in emulsion state or floating as a film :))) since I do not think the drink concerned looks like that, we might conclude that this amount is (if any) really very small. So I think we should not worry about bromine ;)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management