I AM LOSING IT! TWO QUESTIONS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I AM LOSING IT! TWO QUESTIONS

Postby speg on June 23rd, 2004, 5:01 pm

1. Is this BFS . . . muscle shaking. They shake during exercise, but what is scaring me is that my legs shake sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep or sleeping. It has woken me up 2-3 times out of the 5 weeks of twitching. I can't tell if it is actual shaking or just strong twitches.

2. Is it a sign of something bad to be able to see your twitches? I can see them all over my leg -- like skin moving in and out.

My left leg is acting up today and it is really scaring me. Why am I the only one here with problems in mainly just one limb?

peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby homer8 on June 23rd, 2004, 6:15 pm

Both of my legs shake when I am weight lifting. Both on the flex and on the release. It is kind of weird to feel them with my hands when doing leg extensions. I recall someone else on this forum mentioning that they experience the same thing.

My twitching comes in all varietys. Sometimes my calfs just go crazy...really weird. The muscle above my knee also does a nice little thump thump thump. And yes most of my twitching is very visable. My left calf has 65% of the twitching versus 35% on the right. I recall from past posts that most people tend to twitch more on one side.

Paul
homer8

Postby Saundra Hearn on June 23rd, 2004, 7:00 pm

Peg,

Just wondering if you have seen a neuro yet? The reason I ask, is I just went today and it has helped me so much with those unanswered questions! I still have to go have an emg on monday, but just him talking to me and looking my muscules over,and saying it doesn't look like Als to him, and doing the strength test helped me!! You sound so much like BFS but it sure helps to have a professional say it. 8) I hope this helps :wink:
And yes I can see my twitches.
Saundra Hearn
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby puggriffey on June 23rd, 2004, 7:38 pm

You are NOT the only one with twitches in just one limb - mine started that way for several weeks before they spread. Now, they have dimished greatly, and have returned to primarily one limb - I can ALWAYS see the ones in my legs and fingers too. From what I understand, although I've never asked anybody about this specific question, these are not indicative of anything. Just part of the randomness.

Hope that helps.

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on June 23rd, 2004, 7:47 pm

twitches are aways visible here....like in my calves i use to just watch them like fireworks,,,non stop...now a year and a half later i can feel them in my calves but are not as visable as when i first came down with bfs...time will lessen your twitching to some degree. still twitch alot though
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Pole on June 24th, 2004, 1:39 am

Peg

I can't see in your post anything what points more to ALS than to BFS.

really nothing to worry 8)

Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on June 24th, 2004, 8:40 am

Floater,

Did it look like little pulsating spots here and there on your calf? Mine are not all in one spot, but they are mostly in one leg. I showed them to my husband this morning and for the first time he believed me. Are yours 24/7?

My right eye has begun to twitch and you can see that too.

peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on June 24th, 2004, 8:47 am

Mine are usually like pulsation. I mean that when my calf twitches I can see one spot jumping ....bump...bump...bump... sometimes it lasts a few second and sometimes more than a minute (if I dont move my leg during twitching).

M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on June 24th, 2004, 10:46 am

Peg,

1. my thighs shake anytime i use my legs. It used to be worse or I just don't pay attention to them anymore. My neuro said he doesn't worry about shaking muscles when they are being used or are fatigued.

2. a twitch is a twitch. It means nothing if you can see them except that they are visible. My calves (my left worse than right) have twitched 24/7 for one full year this week. I honestly can't remember one time that I looked at my calves in the past year when they didn't twitch. I would call that one hell of a hotspot!

Also, my left leg has been worse than the rest of my body.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby speg on June 24th, 2004, 10:54 am

Thank you, Gary -- as always. The 24/7 thing is scary. I feel better knowing others have it. Right now I have a spot on the lower part of my calf that is relentless. My clothing moves!

Doesn't it drive you crazy?

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on June 24th, 2004, 11:05 am

Peg,

It used to drive me crazy! Now i try to ignore it.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management