To Aaron

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

To Aaron

Postby Saundra Hearn on June 22nd, 2004, 1:58 pm

I just read several of your new posts today, and I just want to say THANK-YOU!! You have helped me so much! I so want to get on with my life without this als fear, and without meds, and just reading what you have to say has helped soooo much. Thank-you
Saundra Hearn
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby speg on June 23rd, 2004, 9:19 pm

Aaron,

How much research did you do to write the BFS in a Nutshell? Was this from reading everyone's experiences or did you actually go out and read ALS sites? Brave boy! I always hear about the rare cases, but no one ever seems to bother to post the 95% of ALS stories that started with weakness or some obvious problem. Did you come across many of these? Did you interview neurologists?

It always make me calmer to read your article.

Thank you for your time and help.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on June 25th, 2004, 2:44 am

It's a combination of all of the above, plus probing several of my doctor buddies to get me information that isn't usually given out freely, and access to doctor only medical sites among other things.

It is VERY impotrant for people to understand that BFS and ALS are no where near alike, in any way, OTHER than they both have twitches, BUT, ALS and BFS twitches ARE different, and I explain this in the same thread the "BFS in a Nutshell" post is in.

A twitch is a twitch is a twitch is only partially true. There ARE differences between BFS and ALS twitches and even the one's that are similar... that is the ONLY common ground between BFS and ALS.

Once people KNOW the facts, there should be NO reason to fear ALS anymore, and they should be able to get the hell outta here and get back to their normal lives again, and that's why I stick around here to try and do :-)
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management