How to relief stiffness?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How to relief stiffness?

Postby Floydian on November 12th, 2012, 5:02 am

For the ones who experience (extreme) stiffness: how do you relieve your stiffness?
I experience stiffness in my shoulders/arms/wrists/fingers, mostly in the morning combined with a cracking sound in my joints. I use a special muscle cream twice a day but it doesn't seem to help much. Any suggestions are welcome.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: How to relief stiffness?

Postby BFSBurger on November 12th, 2012, 6:56 am

I have had a severely stiff left calf since this started. It seems to come and go as it pleases, but when I began doing salt baths every evening before bed, in hot water, those days seemed to have relief for my calf. Also, the stiffness drastically reduce after I started drinking Gatorade. Coincidence or not, I have no idea.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby volfan on November 12th, 2012, 9:47 am

I take a really hot bath in the morning with epsom salts and a drop or so of Kneipp Herbal Bath (i like the juniper or rosemary). My doctor recommended I start yoga but I haven't yet.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on November 12th, 2012, 3:34 pm

I'm still taking LDN (LOW DOSE NALTEXONE) really has helped me with stiffness and fatigue. No cure for twitching and pain but does make a difference when your more mobile and less fatigued
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on November 14th, 2012, 3:14 am

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I take hot baths (not every day). It definitily helps but just for a while. LDN is quite interesting, In general I am somewhat reluctant regarding medicine use but I can discuss it with my GP. In our country LDN is not a registered medicine so it's not easy to get a description.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management