Wish it were that simple

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Wish it were that simple

Postby SusanSid on October 29th, 2002, 3:28 am

I'm glad that so many are doing better with your twitching and having fewer symptoms or even symptom free. I wish I could say the same. I do have my better days, where I don't notice it much and days, like today, where my arches twitched a lot! Did the exercise class routine etc., and my muscles were very cranky and just weren't going to relax today. Enough to make one very annoyed.
No matter how mellow I try to become, how calm I am, sometimes the twitches have a mind of their own. I wish it was more simple than that , but it isn't for me.
I agree that being relaxed helps a great deal as well as a good attitude, but my muscles just don't want to get with the program sometimes!
Wishing you all twitchless days!
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on October 29th, 2002, 9:08 am

I know how you feel. Sometimes I know that I am very relaxes but the twithing just continues on and on. I really think that in some cases stress is not the root cause of the twitching (although it is thought that stress makes it worse).

Hang in there.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on October 29th, 2002, 11:51 am

I think this goes to show that although stress and anxiety can cause the symptoms to become worse and relaxing can cause the symptoms to lesses, it isn't the "cause" of this stuff and it won't just magically go away if you relax, like so many people thinkd it will, including doctors.

Hang in there SusanSid, I too have my bad days. I woke-up this morning with those strange internal body tremors, almost like I was hung-over from too much partying the night before, but I have had no alcohol or anything of the sort in about a week. They finally went away after about 2 hours. You're right, it isn't that simple. Hell, if it was, we'd all be cured by now knowing that avoiding stress makes it go away. It does to an extent but it never really goes completely away for a LOT of the rest of us.

I am glad some people have moved-on and have over come this crap. Good for them and more power to 'em! The rest of us just have to deal with it and do the best we can. At least we know this isn't anything major and once you know that, things do get a little better. hey, EVERYONE has SOMETHING going-on with their bodies at some time or another. Even though this is scary at times, it could be a LOT worse. Think about people with severe arthritis pain, severe migrane headaches, seizures and so many other common things in life that we don't have. I'll take the twitching and annoying symptoms that come with this junk over many other things we could have gotten. Just my 2 cents on the whole thing
Arron

Postby Nole on October 29th, 2002, 12:57 pm

I hope you all find some type of releif from the bfs crap. I have little to no twitches now, but I do have the occassional bad day. I dont let them get to me anymore nor do I even notice or pay attention to them when they happen. I have relaxed about it, but it has taken about four-five months for my body to come to the point I am now. Just a few days or weeks of accepting this syndrome, will not subside the symptoms right away, it takes alot of time and patience and constant reinforcement that you are OK. My best to you all!!!!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on October 29th, 2002, 3:33 pm

Thanks for the support you guys :) I really appreciate it. Nice to know I can come here and vent. You're right Aaron, everyone has something!
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management