Very sacry hotspot-twitch!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Very sacry hotspot-twitch!

Postby Florian on June 22nd, 2004, 6:12 am

In my lower bizep near the inner elbow, the twitch start with a thumper and is followed by very rapid machine gun-like, fluttering smaller twitches, all this i can see and feel clear, it last for 1 or 2 seconds and start again after some seconds. Its nearly constant since 2 days and freaked me out. Have to hotspots at the same time, same side of my body.

I have read here that ALS twitches are flickery, and this twitch feels flickery. Anybody have similar expirienced.

Thanks and all the best,
Florian
Florian

Postby Pole on June 22nd, 2004, 6:44 am

Florian,
easy! BFS twitches can also be flickery. One year ago I had flickery twitching in my palm (on outside between wrist and pinky). It lasted for one week NON-STOP. Believe me, every second when I had my palm relaxed it twitched. It was very fine, flickery twitching - I could hardly see it.

One year later I have still the same strenght in that palm and no signs of atrophy in that place.

Don't worry. It will go away soon.

Regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Florian on June 22nd, 2004, 9:29 am

Hi Marcin,

You wrote: Believe me, every second when I had my palm relaxed it twitched. It was very fine, flickery twitching - I could hardly see it.

Well, my twitches are clearly to feel and seen, (they are not soft as you describe your twitch) it is a extrem rapid serie of thumpers, feels like a vibration which let my arm shake, but it is twitching of a muscle, not this internal vibrationfeeling and not tremor like......

Any thougts?

Regards
Florian
Florian

Postby speg on June 22nd, 2004, 10:21 am

I was having "flickery" twitches yesterday on my leg . . . felt like someone was brushing my skin with a feather!!! But I have also had major thumpers in that leg, rapid fires, bubbling, buzzing and the like!

My leg also vibrates at night sometimes too.

All of this is consistent with BFS, correct?

Peg

P.S. It is probably best not to read too much into descriptions of ALS twitches . . . they are just subjective adjectives!
Last edited by speg on June 23rd, 2004, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on June 23rd, 2004, 2:08 am

Florian wrote:Well, my twitches are clearly to feel and seen, it is a extrem rapid serie of thumpers, feels like a vibration which let my arm shake,

Many of my twitches are exactly the same. I observed that if I hold my hand in a particular position my elbow area often twitches exactly like you describe.

In my opinion nothing to worry.

Best wishes
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management