Waking up shaking Trembling at night!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Waking up shaking Trembling at night!

Postby BFS-twitcher on October 17th, 2012, 7:43 am

This BFS diagnosis really is taking over my life and it sucks. It's all I think about now.

My latest symptom is officially the scariest I have had yet...

Lately I have been waking up to find my entire body trembling or shaking. Very disturbing. Moving around in the bed doesn't stop it. I had to get up and walk a bit then it went away.

Has anyone experienced this type of experience?
BFS-twitcher

Re: Waking up shaking Trembling at night!

Postby jerry2 on October 17th, 2012, 8:43 am

Yes I do. It is one of the scariest symptoms, I agree. I don't wake up with my whole body trembling but my both arms are trembling, moving doesn't help I have to get up and then it goes away. It feels like I am not in control of my body or having some seisures. I guess you fell the same way. My neuro said this doesn't point to any neurological disease trembling only at night.

I do have this symptom night after night, every night for 1 year. I hope you get some confor in this and I hope you and me will loose this sh*tty trembling one day.

Take care
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby BFS-twitcher on October 17th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Glad I'm not alone on this one...

Anyone else feeling these tremors at night when they wake up?
BFS-twitcher

Postby chrissi on October 18th, 2012, 1:25 pm

I used to have this very bad, but it is gone. My sleep was a mess, I could not fall asleep because of myoclonic jerking, if I made it in spite of them , I woke up from my twitching, when I was awake then, my whole body was tremoring and shaking and in the early morning hours around 4 my sleep was over because some inner nervousity and adrenaline flash made me get up and walk around in the house. :roll:
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby frl8caco on October 19th, 2012, 4:53 am

exactly like me - look at my post from yesterday/day before "Fasciculations, stiffness and swallowing issues "
frl8caco

Postby marbito11 on October 19th, 2012, 9:15 am

happens on occansion. it happened to me a few nights ago. I think its sleep apnea. sometimes my leg twitches during sleep and as soon as i wake up, it goes away.
marbito11

Postby jerry2 on October 19th, 2012, 10:53 am

Limb jerking before falling asleep or during sleep is called myoclonic jerk. Tremoring at night and in the morning seem to have no neurological grounds at all. I count that this is a good thing.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby uber on October 25th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Sounds a lot more like stress related that anything neurological, i can't think of any neurological illness that presents or shows symptoms in such a way as waking you up shaking unless you were having some kind of seizure..which you weren't.

As you said, the idea of having bfs is totally consuming you right now, so the lack of proper sleep and being more relaxed through the day is probably not helping you at all right now.

Do plenty of exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water...within a few weeks you will feel a million times better, trust me.
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jerry2 on October 26th, 2012, 2:19 am

I also read a lot of books on the matter and asked back when I was at my neuro about this and he was confused by this symptom, hands and arms tremoring every morning and even wiered, never before 5 AM! He didn't say, but from all the literature and google searching I found this symptom must be some kind of psychological seisure in the morning when the dreams are vivid etc. I don't know why I have it for more than a year (this was actually my FIRST sign of a neuro problem before twitching), but at least I don't worry about it. Maybe there is something wrong with my sleep pattern, I don't know. I can not really say I got used to the hand tremor and numbness, but at least I know without looking on the clock now, if it is tingling or numbness it is before 5 AM, if my hands are tremoring, then it is after 5 AM ;-)))
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby crazys on October 26th, 2012, 10:22 pm

It´s probebly PLMD. I belive there is a connection to BFS as it says to RLS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_disorder
crazys

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management