Very strong abdominal twitches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Very strong abdominal twitches

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 17th, 2012, 4:25 am

Started like hour ago, its so strong, actually I think these are the strongtest ones I have ever had. Like my whole belly is moving, really bad I cannot ignore it. Never had that in previous 5 years..
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: Very strong abdominal twitches

Postby jerry2 on October 17th, 2012, 8:25 am

I can relate, look at my older posts about how I got this strong abdominal twitches most of the day, they are so strong like I would carry a child (I can not as I am a male though). I guess abdominal muscles motor units are just so strong.

I guess it is something new with BFS even after 5 years, huh :roll:
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on October 17th, 2012, 9:20 am

Docen,
I have to say, it amazes me that after 5 years, you are just getting certain twitches for the first time. I don't doubt that you have BFS like the rest of us, but it seems like you have one of the mildest cases on the entire forum. I have had these abdominal twitches every day for over a year. So have many many others on here. It is nothing to be concerned about.
-Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 17th, 2012, 9:59 am

Matt, actually you are right - after 5 years I get new stuff which is concerning for me, as something (say its BFS) is definitely progressing and I do not like it. If had this from beginning, I would not care at all. But tongue came into the game after 3 years, now abdominal muscles.
My BFS started with arms, shoulders, back and thighs mostly, widespread from beginning. However, certain parts were spared and now it seems to affect them as well.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 17th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Guys, how you manage to sleep with these? Its impossible :( Its 2 AM for me its so strong I just cannot sleep.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby seventhcandle on October 17th, 2012, 9:00 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:Guys, how you manage to sleep with these? Its impossible :( Its 2 AM for me its so strong I just cannot sleep.

Oh man, I feel for you. And you're getting twitches this bad even while you are on the carbamezapine?
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 18th, 2012, 1:46 am

seventhcandle: Actually, besides this abdominal hell (I managed to sleep 3 hours and its back now :( ) I do not twitch much. One twitch here, one there, but nothing signifficant. I suspect that this is stress related (worsened), one person PMed me about a person diagnosed on the other forum with dirty EMG, fasciculations, cramps but no weakness at all. I tried to not think about it but I guess it increased my inner fear, despite the fact that person has bad EMGs.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby volfan on October 18th, 2012, 6:04 am

The person with no weakness may be on the verge of showing that symptom. Without all the information surrounding that particular situation it is dangerous to draw any conclusions. I really get scared when I hear stories like that and have to force myself to remember that the details are so important - without those we don't know what is truly going on.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 18th, 2012, 6:46 am

volfan: Remember, his EMG were dirty from the beginning. Not absolutely conclusive but far from clear. He is now diagnosed with slow progressing ALS, because he has no weakness or any other issues detected by ALS neurologists, but MND consistent changes on EMG, which is actually what matters.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 18th, 2012, 9:43 am

After like 5-6 hours of quiet, my abdominal hell is back :( I am really scared of the night, I will not be able to fall asleep and just keep thinking ... how can you sleep while having these?
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on October 18th, 2012, 9:57 am

I can not very well :-( But even having thumb tiwtch 24/7 that was moving my thumb I couldn't sleep well. This BFS really affects sleep, I can tell you that. When silence comes, we fell and "hear" them more ;-/
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 18th, 2012, 10:03 am

But you know, with e.g. thumb, you can flex it, lie on it or change the position so you dont feel the twitching that much. But with abdomen? There is nothing you can do :( How do you sleep if these are going on?
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on October 18th, 2012, 10:20 am

Flexing thumb didn't help, I had to sleep on it, yes. Abdominal you can not help, that is true. I didn't have them all day and night that helped me. Some days I took half benzo and I felt asleep.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 18th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Anyone tortured by these bastards for a longer time? For me, 30 hours and I am really about to lose it. No other twitching today, maybe just my right arm, but that's it.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on October 18th, 2012, 12:50 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:I suspect that this is stress related (worsened), one person PMed me about a person diagnosed on the other forum with dirty EMG, fasciculations, cramps but no weakness at all. I tried to not think about it but ....

Yeah, you tried not to think about it, but instead you decided to post it here so that everyone else can think about it? Little bits of information, lacking full details, but just enough to scare the crap out of people already trying to deal with anxiety.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management