Anyone try BOTOX?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone try BOTOX?

Postby danny13 on August 25th, 2012, 8:57 am

Hey all. Question for any of you fellow bfs ers. Anyone here tried botox to relieve your twitches or spasms? The neuroligist i see reguarly says he commonly uses botox on patients who have tics, and spasms. Mine have always been more like thumpers or large muscles so never even considered it, but with this new facial twitch on left side of my nose which has been going non-stop for 2 weeks was wondering if i should see him to see if botox would be the right thing to give me some relief? Anyone here try it or had a neurologist recommend it? Thanks.
Danny
danny13

Re: Anyone try BOTOX?

Postby SuziQ on August 25th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Did you try a search on the forum?
I'm not sure whether anyone has tried Botox. It's pretty hard-core, frankly. My m-i-l used to get injections in her neck because she had spastic torticollis, and it literally paralyzes the muscle, albeit temporarily, (meaning-for a few weeks or months.) My symptoms always left me feeling weak enough, where I didn't want to add paralysis into the mix, but I guess it depends on how bothersome your symptoms are. Do you want to be able to move that part of your face, because if you do, you should not consider Botox.

I don't know if this has been helpful, or not. Again, searching the forum, it might yield some more information.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Re: Anyone try BOTOX?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management